Bury fans club AFC start a new life in NWCL

Were kicking them out of the Carrington facility because they are not looking after it. So I doubt we are going to help them.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-evict-bury-fc-16509443

seen this and its shocking by bury football club ???? and being given a free training ground and they fuck it up without maintaining the up keeping ???

please please people don't pay another £1 to help bury if they can not help themselves ?? manchester city have gone and above with helping them ?? and every other small club in the north west would love the offer manchester city did for bury and they do this ?? i hope they go broke and drop out of the leagues and promotion should be over turned and not hand over a 12 point deduction in the league

with the help manchestre city have given bury over the years and the city fans putting their hands in the pockets to go to watch friendly games over the years, and we was in a bad shape our-self and millions in debt but we always did our best for bury turning up pre-season to fill the ground, i don't think united would do anything like what we have done ?? again manchester city never make the news about what we have done for bury and its always money money spending and bad for football

we should send this over to uefa and the FFP team and say look we are not just in it for the money and even a small club near manchester are getting help without any come backs on payments and given bury a free training ground worth £millions and all they needed to do was cut the grass and clean the windows and pay the bills how hard can that be

Cant really be too harsh on them. I doubt they just thought fuck it, and left it to fall into disrepair because it’s not theirs. they’re in dire financial trouble and maintaining a place like Carrington isn’t going to be cheap. It’s like offering somebody on minimum wage a Lamborghini for free so long as they maintain it, which can lead into the 10’s of thousands a year.

End of the day though we’re not a charity, we’ve been very charitable offering it them for free denying ourselves potential extra revenue but we’re not going to pay for upkeep too

I don't remember anyone queueing up to help us when we were grovelling in the third tier. The media and most of our North West rivals, to be fair perhaps not Bury, but certainly Bolton and Stockport, mocked and sneered at us. Most rival fans couldn't wait to stick the boot in to us. I would rather City continued to invest in grass roots and youth football across Manchester.

Do I feel for Bury? Yes a bit. Used to go when City were away to get a footie fix when younger. My daughter has nipped a few times too. But this training ground thing shows them in a bad light. I feel for the fans who do go to games but not the owner. This has been managed poorly by them. I say to my contractors at work that I dont like surprises. I tell them to make sure I know bad news as it happens. Call me or email me. That way I can probably help or we can set a new deadline or come up with a compromise. What Bury have done here is bury (no pun intended) their heads in the sand and rather than letting City know that they are even struggling to maintain the place, is just ignore the problem until some inspection happened and bang surprise for the landlord. Who, if given notice may have been able to come up with a compromise. Fool to himself that waste of space owner.

If they knew that then they shouldn’t have accepted the offer to move there. Where is your source for that figure?
On their MB

The chairman who signed up for Carrington seems to have scarpered abroad with debts on various businesses of about £50 million. The current chairman is doing nothing apart from not paying anyone and letting players leave.

I don’t blame any of the Bury fans I know for this mess they are in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.