Bury fans club AFC start a new life in NWCL

RE merging, it wont happen, fans won't allow it. if the owners all pushed it through and moved, the fans would only start up their own clubs, and the new club, although having a decent fan base would probably struggle a la MK Don's in the lower leagues rather than compete.

I'm all for the evolution of football clubs and something needs to be done to stop clubs like this falling on their arse and out of existence, but i don't know the solution. Maybe merging is the only way, but fans will never accept it. I'd never accept City merging with anyone, if the situation was reversed. it wouldn't be the same. I know it works for non-league teams, a couple of clubs in Ossett recently did it, but establish football league clubs with over 100 years of history each? hmm.

a great read regarding the subject: https://onsideview.com/football/club-mergers-future-football-blasphemy/

Last edited:
Was there a deadline yesterday?

It does look terminal, if the club is wound up what do they do with the fixtures? Is there time to promote teams up to fill the schedule?

What a mess!

all games would be void and with zero points, its to late to promote anybody and bury would have to fold and stop trading and maybe just like others like halifax and Wimbledon form a new club and change the name to FC bury

all games would be void and with zero points, its to late to promote anybody and bury would have to fold and stop trading and maybe just like others like halifax and Wimbledon form a new club and change the name to FC bury

The problem I see is there is no guarantee that an FC Bury would be viable. You still need to pay the rent and wages. I can see the league being 1 team down at the start of teh season and how do you start up a new phoenix club if 5 or 10 games have gone?

The problem I see is there is no guarantee that an FC Bury would be viable. You still need to pay the rent and wages. I can see the league being 1 team down at the start of teh season and how do you start up a new phoenix club if 5 or 10 games have gone?
If they do start a new club it will be northern premier non league if they are lucky, but it won’t be in time for this season. They’ll have a year off to get everything in place. My mates a big bury fan and he says there’s been talks about a Phoenix club playing at lower gigg, which is just a field essentially

If they do start a new club it will be northern premier non league if they are lucky, but it won’t be in time for this season. They’ll have a year off to get everything in place. My mates a big bury fan and he says there’s been talks about a Phoenix club playing at lower gigg, which is just a field essentially

So the league will be 1 team down, possibly 2 if Bolton go as well.

2 less home games a season for each club. That is bad news for the rest of them.

they could merge with FCUM and leap frog a couple of leagues

So the league will be 1 team down, possibly 2 if Bolton go as well.

2 less home games a season for each club. That is bad news for the rest of them.

yep that how it will work ??
and in a way its better for the league if it happens right now and not into 10 or 20 games and then the EFL could have to work out the points bury won and loss and give the points back ????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.