“City Matters” fan committee

I’m no longer affiliated with a branch but new arrivals, some of whom had never earned loyalty points, were given tickets for all sorts of matches because they were with the branch. Cup finals, Euro aways etc. Loyal fans not playing the system would miss out.

Not all said it should stay as it was but anyone who endorsed collecting tickets at away grounds is a Clown.
10000%. Nobody wants that. And for the club to claim otherwise is unadulterated bollocks. Unless, of course, the CM rep was feeding them this bollocks. Is there anybody thinks collecting at away grounds is a good thing? I've yet to see anyone say it is.

Approximately a quarter of Wales fans in Croatia in June were denied entry to the match because their ID didn’t match the name on the ticket. It was a requirement there. Instinct says it’s more people buying for friends (they stagger it with recent aways) but the percentage shocked a few.

I thought he got a shit load of abuse he didnt deserve by a small group of people who had a vested intrest in keeping things as it was
says the ex chairman of the biggest at the time mcfc supporters club, your view is hardly impartial.

It really is simple and it's been said many times before. The club could quite easily state who who bought the tickets etc.
Bournemouth:
600 tickets bought by people on 24k
200 tickets bought by people on 23k
100 tickets to club employees
150 tickets sold to corporate
150 to people aged 18-25
100 to OSC with the following breakdown: 10 to X OSC, 5 to X OSC
20 to superbia
2 to Vinny
1 to YaYa
0 to Milner

They should also publish how many fans are on, 26k, 25k etc. But they won't. And the CM reps never pushed it. They pushed this collection bollocks; this 18-25yrs bollocks. We've been sold a fucking pup.

I asked the below in March, which I thought was reasonable seen as PB had responded to me saying away points weren't definitely being dropped despite previously saying they were.

That's the thing though you are making nothing clear. If you were you wouldn't be being asked for answers.

If as you have said previously, away games won't have points given, how is it going to be possible to catch the lads on the top points up as they will be at the home games. A rolling scheme with home points will only create a dead man's shoes situation.

I don't believe it warranted the below response especially when he was clearly lying.

Watch my lips. WE. HAVEN'T. DECIDED. ANYTHING. YET.

We’ll be getting detailed data, looking at various scenarios and modelling what the impact is. It might be that it works out that there’s a core group of regulars in the top bracket and a bigger group in the next bracket. We need detailed data and to make decisions on what we do about Cup schemes and whether we do give points for some away games that don’t sell out to Seasoncard holders (although the ticketing system can’t apparently cope with that yet). The difference may well come from actual attendance at Cup games, which is something the club wants to maximise.
Many other blues received far more abuse,I'll happily tell him this at anfield, ot etc unfortunately I can't tell him at Bournemouth as I no longer qualify. I know he doesn't either but I'm sure he'll be at the big games, again.

Last edited:
says the ex chairman of the biggest at the time mcfc supporters club, your view is hardly impartial.
Ive not been chairman for 15 years not been to an away game for many years so am not sure what your point is and why i am not impartial. But as this year is the 25th Aniversary of the branch am helping to organise an evening event and hopefully will get the trophies down to it

No. I’m in the City Supporters Club, Harrogate Branch. I’ve been going to City since I was 5 and I don’t make efforts to divide our fans.

Its a shame that a small bunch of keyboard warriors on here try to mock anyone in a Supporters Club. If the benefits of membership were so wonderful then you would be knocking down the door to join a Branch.
No mate What P.B kept saying was it's time to evolve and stop living in the past regarding away points, move with the times he said. Yet for some fuckin reason the Supporter clubs couldn't seem to move on regarding their nice little ticket arrangement they have with the club. Isn't it amazing that all these changes were made yet that one stayed in place.
You'd almost think the City Matters group was made of 80% SC members including the General secretary.

No. I’m in the City Supporters Club, Harrogate Branch. I’ve been going to City since I was 5 and I don’t make efforts to divide our fans.

Its a shame that a small bunch of keyboard warriors on here try to mock anyone in a Supporters Club. If the benefits of membership were so wonderful then you would be knocking down the door to join a Branch.
You're conflating criticism of how tickets are allocated with criticism of being in a Supporters' Club. Why should people have to join an OSC to improve their chances of getting a ticket? That mitigates massively against those who live in areas that don't have a club or who can't attend meetings etc. Supporters clubs are great, I was in the city centre one and loved the guests and boozing with fellow Blues. But I never once felt it should have given me first dibs on tickets over someone who was doing the hard yards week in, week out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.