“City Matters” fan committee

I can't see where you have said the rep gave out louds of abuse?

Prestwich was asked you said that's what he was doing, clearly he wasn't as the majority told him it was a shocking idea. Do still believe he was canvassing his members?

I'm fairly certain you know the rep on a personal level so understand your support for him, but this hardly makes you impartial.

I’ve met Colin Savage a few times. It doesn’t mean that people can’t be objective. He comes across as a decent guy.

I will be cheering the lads on at the Community Shield on Sunday but I’ve lost a bit of interest with the Prem Aways with this bickering between different fans (that’s not aimed at your post btw). I will be missing back to back away (West Ham and Bournemouth), for the first time in many years. I will be in bits missing the games (like any other away Day addict would) but as long as we win, I will be very happy by full time.

City Matters seems to be just a front for the club to introduce what they were planning to do anyway but with the fig leaf of seeming to consult supporters.

With Prestwich Blue being the seasoncard rep he was asked about two specific things that seasoncard holders on here were concerned about and in both cases he was fobbed off by the club because they weren't prepared to listen to fans concerns / wishes:

Price increases: he said he'd asked about pricing around the March time from memory as supporters were unhappy with year on year increases and the club replied they hadn't decided. Does anyone truly believe that the club hadn't decided pricing for the upcoming season at that point?

Outcome: 10th price increase in 11 years.

Platinum: universally disliked, supposedly all reps asked for it to be discontinued.

Outcome: Platinum is still in place.

CM reps views are only acceptable when they are in line with club policy in my view and the whole thing is a sham.

City Matters seems to be just a front for the club to introduce what they were planning to do anyway but with the fig leaf of seeming to consult supporters.

With Prestwich Blue being the seasoncard rep he was asked about two specific things that seasoncard holders on here were concerned about and in both cases he was fobbed off by the club because they weren't prepared to listen to fans concerns / wishes:

Price increases: he said he'd asked about pricing around the March time from memory as supporters were unhappy with year on year increases and the club replied they hadn't decided. Does anyone truly believe that the club hadn't decided pricing for the upcoming season at that point?

Platinum: universally disliked, supposedly all reps asked for it to be discontinued.

CM reps views are only acceptable when they are in line with club policy in my view and the whole thing is a sham.

Good Post. I think Prestwich Blue was told (by the Club’s CM Reps) that Soriano decides on Season Card prices so it was out of bounds. That might have been the time to jack it in, in hindsight.

Good Post. I think Prestwich Blue was told (by the Club’s CM Reps) that Soriano decides on Season Card prices so it was out of bounds. That might have been the time to jack it in, in hindsight.
You could be right as it seems a bit of a sham even though the reps went in with good intentions

To me the reps should be looking out for all seasoncard holders and not just those who go to away games, as that is a much smaller number.
As already been mentioned price increases and platinum affect many more people. Also the ridiculously over zealous security both inside and and outside the grounds, and the long queues to get in and to get any service inside should have been further up the priority, something that affects everyone and something that could be achieved.

But no, away tickets were much more important, with the introduction of the Thomas Cook guarantee, the 18-25 allocation and the collection/ID, two of which impact negatively on the majority of the away fans.

The voting has just opened for the vacant positions on the City Matters committee.
The disability fans rep are up first but anyone can vote.
Read what the candidates have written seems the candidates have different perspectives.

Last edited:

Don't forget that CM only came about because the EPL insisted that clubs consult with their supporters. The club were only ever going to pay lip service to the views of fans as shown by their disdain for fans views on price increases, platinum etc.

Has the City Matters committee actually done anything else from their monthly meetings except for change the points system?

I know this is a subject that I am interested in, but I genuinely don't know if they've done anything else? Why is this the first subject they've got to change?

Has the City Matters committee actually done anything else from their monthly meetings except for change the points system?

I know this is a subject that I am interested in, but I genuinely don't know if they've done anything else? Why is this the first subject they've got to change?
Agree to Thomas Cook having a plane load of tickets for every euro away game to go to anyone regardless of how many points they might have

Agree to Thomas Cook having a plane load of tickets for every euro away game to go to anyone regardless of how many points they might have

Is this true ? I know in the past you had to have the required points to get s place on there flights .. is this a new thing for this season ?
And have CM really had knowledge of this ?
If so how have they not stood down in protest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.