Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come they are so desperate to sell him?

Makes me worry! Haha

They have FFP issues and need to sell players- they're not desperate by any means but he's one of their only valuable assets they can afford to lose (Ronaldo, Chiellini etc aren't going anywhere)

I absolutely loved watching Leroy, and the 2017/18 season he was unbelievable and I thought at the time I really thought he was going to push on and become one of the very best.

But, if he doesn’t want to stay at City then with the game time he got last season then who really blames him?

If he doesn’t want to be here, then we don’t need him. I hope he goes on and proves how good he can be at Bayern, but I don’t t think he’ll ever reach the heights that we all thought he would.

I think he’ll use Jesus more from the left to give him more game time. A front three from Sterling, Bernardo, Mahrez, Jesus and Aguero is still brilliant. I think with Cancelo and Mendy coming in we may also play 532 a lot, so even less game time for Leroy if he stayed.

Let him go. Strengthen and move on.

CTID

Sanchez did.

Not the point though. Selling to Bayern sens the wrong message out because of how they have gone about it. Sometimes it’s worth taking a stand in the same way we walked away from the Sanchez deal.

Bayern will have been after Leroy for months/years knowing their wingers were closing in on retirement. I'm convinced his form deteriorated when he decided months ago to join them.

Come on, I know you're fuming but what on earth would make Leroy choose United over Bayern. Can you honestly give five realistic reasons why any player would make that choice as both clubs stand now?

Money like Sanchez did when he went there but it’s not my point.

With respect you must not follow much football outside of England then. He's been one of the top fullbacks in the world all season and starts regularly for one of the top clubs in the world too.

You're right. My days of watching football from every league are long gone. I do watch quite a bit of champions league games but I don't remember his name standing out. I also don't watch sky sports or any other programs that give weekly round ups of other games.
I probably know more TFC players than Juve players.

I was way more gutted about losing Georgi Kinkladze and SWP back in the day..Sane is a world class player but i really admire Pep for the way he has handled it.. Sometimes nothing more you can do.. Manchester City Football Club need players who are hungry and attitude is key to success .. As talented as he is, i'm pleased he was given the choice, sign an extension or you will be sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.