******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frustrating as shit them getting that score after being 122-8.

But let's see what we do with the bat tomorrow before throwing the towel in.

Exactly. It was frustrating but still bowled them out for a decent score despite our best bowler being injured. Need a huge innings here with that bat because no Jimmy in the 2nd innings means it is all on Broad and Woakes. Need Stokes and Moeen to get their line and length right. Moeen has been poor with bat and ball for a while now and his place is under threat. Leach would play but for the left arm v right handers factor.

I don’t think Roy has the discipline to be a test match opener.

I suspect we’ll be 40 odd for 3 on quite a few occasions this series.

That's my point. It could (should) have been so much better. Yes; Jimmy going off was a kick in the box (to use cricketing terminology), but the bowling in the afternoon was toothless. Never mind; double century for Root, century from Roy and fifties from Buttler, Stokes and Burns and all is good.

;-)
So much for that!

That's my point. It could (should) have been so much better. Yes; Jimmy going off was a kick in the box (to use cricketing terminology), but the bowling in the afternoon was toothless. Never mind; double century for Root, century from Roy and fifties from Buttler, Stokes and Burns and all is good.

;-)

yes it was a sloppy bowling attack in the after noon and root is captain to set traps and mix up the bowling, but it was really tame stuff from england and not enough chin music for my liking, but smith is a class act and you just knew when he walked out he was getting a big ton, also the ball was a bit out of shape and wet so again not much swing and root should have asked for more chin music and bounce them out

am not 100% root is the right man for captain and is he strong enough to keep the bowlers in line and ask them to do a job for him ?? stokes was shocking and moeen ali lolly pop spin is not good enough and even denly had a bowl before moeen ali was brought back on

I think it's too early to say that and he deserves a few chances before we can realistically pass judgement. Warner's carved out a niche for himself as a prolific opening batsman who can play positively and I don't see why Roy can't do the same

yes it was a sloppy bowling attack in the after noon and root is captain to set traps and mix up the bowling, but it was really tame stuff from england and not enough chin music for my liking, but smith is a class act and you just knew when he walked out he was getting a big ton, also the ball was a bit out of shape and wet so again not much swing and root should have asked for more chin music and bounce them out

am not 100% root is the right man for captain and is he strong enough to keep the bowlers in line and ask them to do a job for him ?? stokes was shocking and moeen ali lolly pop spin is not good enough and even denly had a bowl before moeen ali was brought back on

Chin music on a slow pitch = quick, easy runs. Sure we could have bowled a few more to get them coming forward less, but the ball getting wet eliminated the seem movement and slight swing we were getting.

Smith played superbly, to be fair to him, but fortunately, his innings hasn't won the test match for them, he's merely kept them in it.

If we can get to the drinks break after lunch and are only 1 down, we'll start scoring much more freely and hopefully able to start building a lead later in the day.

Never an opener in Test cricket and should come in if they are insistent on him playing at 4 or 5 when the ball is old and soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.