Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
There can’t be many that are top class at both aspects. And any that are will be unobtainable. So it makes miles more sense to go for the better ball players, since we have the ball 65-70% of the time. Cancelo would be a big upgrade in that respect.
Id doubt juve would even sign someone who can't defend in the first place so i reckon he'll be fine most of the time.

cancelo will be used mainly against teams who park the bus where walker is not needed. Will probably play more than you think. He'll actually play games and will mean that walker isn't run into the ground like last season.

So every game except Liverpool away then?

That’s Walker fucked innit.

Should Cancelo sign I imagine he and Walker be used very interchangeably once he settles. Maybe one will play more but I doubt it'll be based on the type of opponent, barring very specific games, like Liverpool for example. Probably very similar to how our wingers were used last season, in that one may be used for stretches at a time.

I think some people are missing the point.

Yes, Walker is one of the fastest fullbacks in the world. He's also below what we need in almost every other area. He's weak in possession, offers very little going forward, makes too many errors and gives the ball away trying simple passes regularly. I'd rather have a very fast and well rounded right-back than an extremely fast but average one.

Also I don't know where the idea that Cancelo is slow is coming from- he's easily quicker than Mendy, Zinchenko and Danilo

We do need to defend sometimes you know,so far since pep has been here teams attack us like monaco and the dippers/spurs in the CL and we are all over the place,surely there are fullbacks out there who can attack and defend
Very few traditional fullbacks in the game nowadays. They tend to be wing backs who can defend but are more attacking or converted wingers. Oh to have a young Pablo Zabaletta playing in Peps team.

I think some people are missing the point.

Yes, Walker is one of the fastest fullbacks in the world. He's also below what we need in almost every other area. He's weak in possession, offers very little going forward, makes too many errors and gives the ball away trying simple passes regularly. I'd rather have a very fast and well rounded right-back than an extremely fast but average one.

Also I don't know where the idea that Cancelo is slow is coming from- he's easily quicker than Mendy, Zinchenko and Danilo
Yes Walker is prone to errors on the ball and lapses in concentration, but he is far more than an extremely fast but average right back. He has been a key part of our success over the last two years, show him some respect

Yes Walker is prone to errors on the ball and lapses in concentration, but he is far more than an extremely fast but average right back. He has been a key part of our success over the last two years, show him some respect

Walker's only weakness has been a dip in form and occasional brain fades. It can happen, he plays in a very demanding position. People should realise he will still start majority of games, and Cancelo will ease in, most likely. But he brings something different and advantageous for our side (well, soon hopefully, if it all goes well)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.