Community shield Post match thread

That`s 5 out of the last 5 domestic trophies won by City and 7 out the last 8. And, so, after the BBC`s love in with Liverpool`s quest for 7 trophies, after one match it is now 6 ! At least they've got the `We Did Very Well and Almost Beat City Cup`.

It`s time Liverpool was floated off into the Irish Sea. They see themselves as Scouse not English; boo the National Anthem; still boo Sterling; complain about everything and so on. Klopp is fully signed up to their twisted and myopic views.

Meanwhile, with our first choice keeper out (though Bravo did well yesterday) our first choice centre back out; our first choice midfielder out; our leading scorer out, and Sterling squandering 2 glorious chances to put the game out of sight before their equaliser, we still won. Happy Days.

Bring on West Ham.
Re their quest for seven trophies they have already won the ‘we have sold more replica shirts than City’ trophy, the ‘we sold more tickets for a friendly in London that we don’t really care about as we didn’t win it’ trophy and the ‘we booed the anthem louder than you’ trophy so they are well on their way to seven.

Good run out, very good first half and we worked hard. The win is great, and a bonus in that mentally Liverpool have another hurdle to get over now.

Rodders looks an exceptional player, especially for our style of play, and I can see him comfortably slotting into the back line on occasion also, alonside a couple of fast defenders like Walker and Mendy. David Silva I thought played better than towards the end fo last season, so if used correctly we won't see his star waning much. Foden is hungry and very ready to start for us now. Though I have absolutely no issue with either Garcia or Harwood-Bellis starting in some games either.

Walker looked fired up, Stones was excellent defensively and showed he can still pick a 40 yard pass with ease, Otamendi is the steel we need and Zinchenko is fast becoming a favourite of mine - it's like having a playmaker at left back! Very pleased for Bravo too, I know he gets a lot of stick on here and had w**kers wrist that first season, but to come back from such a serious injury and show he was 100% dedicated was great. Not sure he'll push Eddie enough, but he's a great option to have.

Sterling could have another stellar season here and cement his place as one of the league's best, couldn't believe my ears when the BT commentator said imagine how good he could be if he could improve his finishing! Clearly been asleep for the past two seasons. Sane's injury is unfortunate, lets see what comes out in the wash this week now with Bayern, but I think the way we employed the ball over the top readily, knowing Liverpool would run at us and press, was very clever and shows we are on it for the new season tactically.

Good job we only had the one player absent, or was Klipperty talking about his own team? Only Mane for them, and they took this game very seriously, whereas i don't think we had any intention of playing Sergio or Ederson, and Fernandinho and Mahrez were not even in the squad. We can get better, Mane of course imporves them but I thought they looked extremely one dimensional in his absence - give it to Salah was plan A through to Z.

Last edited:
Liverpool were without Mane and we were without Ederson, Laporte, Fernandinho, Aguero, Sane (injured early in the game), Mahrez and you might add also Mendy and hopefuly Cancelo. Otamendi and Jesus played 90 minutes ater having trained 2-3days. Basically, they were in a much better position than us and still failed to win. Proud with Pep and the lads.

I saw those Liverpool fans outside the station chatting to police, they were quite bloody but seemed alright, just a bit shellshocked. They were in there 60s or older ffs, one of them had a walking stick. Literally no need for that, regardless of whether they lipped off.

I saw a few scuffles in and around the stadium to be honest, when I was leaving there was a lad wearing a half and half scarf who was being tended to by paramedics, with quite a lot of blood coming from his nose. From what I could tell, there was a few Liverpool fans in our end giving it the big one, which is stupid to be honest.

The first people they should be questioning is Wembley as to why Liverpool supporters were allowed in our end blatantly wearing shirts and scarfs when entering the stadium. Given all the security why was this allowed?

That`s 5 out of the last 5 domestic trophies won by City and 7 out the last 8. And, so, after the BBC`s love in with Liverpool`s quest for 7 trophies, after one match it is now 6 ! At least they've got the `We Did Very Well and Almost Beat City Cup`.

It`s time Liverpool was floated off into the Irish Sea. They see themselves as Scouse not English; boo the National Anthem; still boo Sterling; complain about everything and so on. Klopp is fully signed up to their twisted and myopic views.

Meanwhile, with our first choice keeper out (though Bravo did well yesterday) our first choice centre back out; our first choice midfielder out; our leading scorer out, and Sterling squandering 2 glorious chances to put the game out of sight before their equaliser, we still won. Happy Days.

Bring on West Ham.
Wtf was that booing the national anthem all about? Most dippers I bumped into on the way to the match had Irish accents so that might explain part of it. Thick scousers who like to pretend they're scouse not British would explain the rest. I don't normally bother singing it but with those dickheads booing it I decided to sing it as did most blues. If it was us booing it the newspapers would be all over it.
Few problems where I was with people moaning about standing. I thought everyone knew that everyone stood in the lower tier but I think because tickets were more or less available to anyone right from the start there were a lot of people there who wouldn't be there normally. There was a woman kicking off big style in 136 about people standing in front of her.
As for the match, good first half, but a bit rusty in the second. Really pleased that Bravo had a really good performance. I think he'd lost his confidence after that first season but he was excellent yesterday. Few players need to get back to full fitness but no real concerns
Watched Motd when I got back and had to laugh at the pundits who agreed that Klopp would be the happier manager!!

Happy with that - beating the best team in Europe and the second best team in NW England on the same day. Klopp proving he has not lost his ability to get his players to run around a lot for the full 90, and we are still the better footballing side. Hopefully the BBC commentary team will recover emotionally from the vvd no goal and salad not putting away any of his million chances.

On yesterday’s evidence we are clearly behind on conditioning.
That ridiculous tour has meant we are well behind on fitness as they were unable to train properly because of the extreme humidity and jet lag. It certainly told in the second half.
For those numpties who question Pep leaving the majority of our starters on for 90 it was deliberately to help get their fitness levels up to where needed.
The management really do need to re-look at preseason schedules...
£60m from Puma says the "ridiculous" tours will continue.

Wtf was that booing the national anthem all about? Most dippers I bumped into on the way to the match had Irish accents so that might explain part of it. Thick scousers who like to pretend they're scouse not British would explain the rest. I don't normally bother singing it but with those dickheads booing it I decided to sing it as did most blues. If it was us booing it the newspapers would be all over it.
Few problems where I was with people moaning about standing. I thought everyone knew that everyone stood in the lower tier but I think because tickets were more or less available to anyone right from the start there were a lot of people there who wouldn't be there normally. There was a woman kicking off big style in 136 about people standing in front of her.
As for the match, good first half, but a bit rusty in the second. Really pleased that Bravo had a really good performance. I think he'd lost his confidence after that first season but he was excellent yesterday. Few players need to get back to full fitness but no real concerns
Watched Motd when I got back and had to laugh at the pundits who agreed that Klopp would be the happier manager!!

Of course he was happier, he got another runners up medal to add to his collection.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.