Community shield Post match thread

Thought we were bobbins to be brutally honest.

Bravo and Otamendi men of the match.

Great to see KDB back.

Rodrigo did some good things but at times he was very Javi Garcia in that he seemed to lack intelligence and was poor when receiving the ball with his back to play.

I won’t judge him on this game but he’ll need to buck his ideas right up to be part of this side.

Another Wembley win :)

First half we were very good, We looked so so sharp in possession, Retrieving the ball within seconds ect Then we seemed to run out of steam its natural though considering most of our squad hasht had a proper pre season. No Sergio, Ederson, Mendy, Ferny and Laporte. That was basically Liverpools full strength team bar Mane.

Rodri showed some really good signs today he looks to have a great reading of the game making interceptions. But i agree sometimes looked lost in possession especially in the second half.

Bravo was tremendous today. So unfortunate he's on the bench behind the best keeper in the world. Why Bravo has so many critics so beyond me.

Can we go via liverpool just to show them what they could have won?

I've been on RAWK and they're not bothered, they didn't want it anyway apparently.

images

Why do you hate them so much? Would you rather just waltz to every trophy every year? Last season was probably the best football season I have ever seen. People will remember it. Better than winning by 20 odd points every season. It would get like F1.

Sniff

Thought we were bobbins to be brutally honest.

Bravo and Otamendi men of the match.

Great to see KDB back.

Rodrigo did some good things but at times he was very Javi Garcia in that he seemed to lack intelligence and was poor when receiving the ball with his back to play.

I won’t judge him on this game but he’ll need to buck his ideas right up to be part of this side.

Another Wembley win :)

Got a feeling this post won’t age well.

Thought he was very good considering it was his first ‘proper’ game and it was against one of the best teams in the world.

He’s also one of the best players in the world in his position already so don’t worry about him being a Garcia.

We were very good in the first half and faded the longer the 2nd half went on which was further magnified since they brought on loads of fresh legs at the same time and we mostly stuck with what we had.

First trophy of the season banked. We were fucked in the second half, & the BT commentators queried why Pep didn't make any substitutions. I reckon Pep was trying to get the team to play their way to fitness. Hopefully there were no injuries as a result.

Two weeks ago, a poster got all snotty with me after one of our pre-season matches, when I pointed out that Sterling is an instinctive player & when given too much time to think, he becomes indecisive & invariably loses the ball.

Today was another example of him having too much time to think. Pep's done brilliantly with him so far, so hopefully achieving a composed mentality when under pressure is next on the list for Sterling.

During the second half, we lost our composure & we need to learn to become more compact for a spell during these periods, until we regain it just like a boxer covering up when recovering from a punch.

We controlled the first half brilliantly, and showed who was boss when both teams had similar energy levels.

Arthur’s city bar in Lanzarote had a couple of gob shites in. Glad we won to just shut them up
Deluded wankers
When van dijk hit the bar and it bounced on the line they were going mad that the ‘referee hadnt give it’. Puzzled looks when i said about the little wrist watch the refs have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.