Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I'm happy either way with Sané. If he goes and we get £120mil+ I think that's a good deal for us. It's clear Pep sees Bernardo and Sterling as his starters so Sane's reported salary offer of £280k from Bayern he is never getting here. Probably also means more time for Foden with Bernardo used out wide more.

If he stays great it's more strength in depth and another option to use.

Leroy telling his teammates he wants to leave and join Bayern has been completely dismissed and ridiculed inside City tonight.

As has the suggestion by The Athletic, we might buy another centre back, we might not!

What are your thoughts on the Athletic as a journo Tolm?

I think he might end up staying until next summer when Bayern will be able to get him for a cheaper price and we’ll be able to line up a replacement (Sancho).

What are your thoughts on the Athletic as a journo Tolm?

I don't quite get the model to be honest, from a business front, anyhow.

I understand most of the guys are on short term contracts and have to accumulate a set amount of followers and subs inside the first six months.

The Sun had to come from behind a pay wall, even with their vast resources, so I'm not sure people in this country are willing to pay for content which might be considered more left field.

Ultimately, people want news and stuff they didn't already know.

A number of the guys who have joined were local patch journos, so were privy to briefs and sharing amongst the wider group.

There is no way the local pack will agree to that continuing for people who are now having to charge for 'privileged' steers.

Especially so, when the pack will still be obtaining and sharing that news for free.

When the organisation makes the journo the centre of the story, it shows you how far standards have fallen and how personality-driven things have become.

The Athletic are paying big salaries but I am interested to see how long that will be sustained if not aligned with big subscription numbers.

Quality journalism doesn't hold any guarantee on revenues.

The Guardian (if that's your bag) sells tiny numbers and has financially been on its arse for years.

Missed the last 100 pages. Is he staying or leaving? Any itk comments or something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.