João Félix

Great move from Athletico

Felix is better than Griezmann and 9 years younger

Its like replacing your old car with new one without paying anything

Nonsensical. Griezmann was a budding star even at La Real before arriving at Atletico. Felix has talent & there's promise but the epitome of kneejerk to annoint a player who didn't even play a full season in the first division of Portugal

There's a lot to like in the player though and Simeone might employ a good tactical approach to get the most out of the young player. However, while Vitoria employed intense pressing at Benfica, Felix will need to learn how to play relentless defense for more than a half hour in a match & Simeone will likely be a great coach for this. He'll need to get stronger of course. His range of passing is exquisite already so much to be excited about although I struggle to imagine an instant impact

I think this lad is a very good player and the money spent is their money, you can not blame him for being scared of the PL, but the jump into athletico is too big for him at the moment because at £100 million he is a first team player, where as he would have been a reserve at City with time to grow and certainly extend his understanding of the game

I think this lad is a very good player and the money spent is their money, you can not blame him for being scared of the PL, but the jump into athletico is too big for him at the moment because at £100 million he is a first team player, where as he would have been a reserve at City with time to grow and certainly extend his understanding of the game
Problem is even at city his transfer fee would have meant massive pressure because you don’t pay that money for a squad player . I really like the guy but we have just as good .

I'm gonna to admit it. I was quietly confident he is going to be a big flop once he goes to a tougher league but it looks like he is going to make me eat my own words.

Personaly think we made an error not going for this kid, looks absolute top class already, future world star for sure.
Maybe. But I'm of the mind that these talents pop up every few years all the time. Sancho and Mbappe popped up after rocking youth games, Felix after a half season at Benfica.

How many of you heard of Felix before last season, if your honest I'm betting very few.

I'm guessing when this season ends there will be 1 or 2 top young talents that emerge. We will go after them if the squad can give them game time (Jesus and Sane) but right now we really cant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.