Var debate 2019/20

I still like var and still think no team at t he top would benefit more from it than we will. Bit of excitement gone but fuck it. Unless you enjoy moaning when Liverpool gets offside goals and don't want it stopped very significantly by the var.

Hypothetically...what if that Agueroooo moment was ruled out for offside by the lino ?

Spontaneous celebration squashed and knowing a perfectly good goal was chalked off by the lino , something all fans have had to put up with for years and years.

Teams have been relegated because of officials getting it completely wrong and having to guess on situations. If anything VAR is highlighting how many incorrect decisions we’ve always allowed.
No, teams have been relegated because they were shit all season.

Pathetic and unnecessary.
Train the officials to a higher and fitter elite standard and give us the spontaneous, flowing game we love back, not the sterility of var.
Still dependent on the integrity of a decision maker - that's Salah against us you can bet your life the armpit is onside.

And the ball ne'er hit Llorente's arm!

So had Ricicle not cleared it it would not have been retaken. But the law is quite clear that a goalkeeper should have one foot on the goal line when the ball is kicked. What is the sanction for not conforming with that? If there is a law that is broken there must be a sanction. No clearance from Rice so Dean and his fellow gangsters in the VAR urinal shaft us by not having it referred?
They specifically said that VAR wasn't going to be used for that after the debacle at the women's World Cup. The law has always been that the keeper can't move from his line, but they've always been a bit lenient with that. I remember when they tried to enforce it strictly and it just made it impossible for any keeper to make a save. I think they've got instructions to allow it within reason. Obviously if a keeper is taking the piss, they'll retake it, but a couple of inches off the line in the process of diving is okay.

It killed the game today. I didn't celebrate the 3rd, 4th or 5th goal. It's fucking rubbish.
At work, i found myself staring at my screen intently at the graphic, trying to work out if the lines and dots showed Sterling off side.Then i thought 'fuck this' and got up and turned on the big machine and did some work instead.

VAR tech at the moment is not up to calling close offsides. Camera angle needs to be 180 deg to the incident at all times. Can't make the call right at different angles. How about the players and ball being wired to GPS? Only Joking.

The clear as day VAR ruling was Fabianski being a foot off his line when the ball hadn't been kicked. Clear infringement but the DT this morning and one of their know-fuck-all hacks still thinks it should go down as a good save from Fabbers!

As somebody else said - we all have to read the rules!

PGMOL have decided that the goalie standing on the line is not VAR reviewed and is left to the linesman- presumably because it is so easy to see. In this case the linesman did not flag.

The penalty was retaken because the WHU player who encroached then played the ball and that’s why it was retaken.

If Sergio penalty went over the bar then no retake. If Sergio had played the ball after the keeper then no retake. If goalie pushed the ball round the post then no retake. Unless of course the lineman then remembered his job.

Cheers

They specifically said that VAR wasn't going to be used for that after the debacle at the women's World Cup. The law has always been that the keeper can't move from his line, but they've always been a bit lenient with that. I remember when they tried to enforce it strictly and it just made it impossible for any keeper to make a save. I think they've got instructions to allow it within reason. Obviously if a keeper is taking the piss, they'll retake it, but a couple of inches off the line in the process of diving is okay.
Couple inches!!!! Watch again as moment ball kicked, he’s at least a foot if not more of his line

VAR, or rather the way it is being used is far from perfect and although it isn’t ideal to be using a different version of VAR it is what it is. I watch the UFC and the rules change depending on where they’re staging the event using whatever “rules” the local commission uses. Once you understand the difference in the rules it’s not really that difficult to adjust.
That’s part of the problem with VAR - folk don’t know what the actual rules are and keep moaning about something they haven’t bothered to google to ensure they understand fully, it’s happened a few times on here today. Most of them have already decided they don’t want or like VAR and aren’t prepared to even begin to try and understand it.
Not much posted about the penalty retake VAR decision from today though.
There were ten players at least a yard into the area and a blind man on a galloping horse could've spotted them without using var. If the ref's have been instructed to keep an eye out for encroachment then the re-take was a no brainer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.