Var debate 2019/20

For the spuds second goal they fouled the villa lad and kane was coming back from a clear offside position, yet surprise surprise no VAR

The chalked off third goal was a brilliant passage of play. Then it's disallowed because a fraction of Sterling's arm was supposedly offside. Which is subjective on when the person watching the replay freezes the frame. Var wasn't brought in for marginal decisions like this. It was brought in to correct clear errors, or something missed by the officials. They need to quickly stop shit like this happening or it will just lead to a whole shitstorm of accusations when other teams score similar goals and they are allowed.
My thoughts exactly, I understood it will be for CLEAR and OBVIOUS errors, Raheems was certainly NOT CLEAR and OBVIOUS!!!

Good coverage of both VAR goals by Andy Gray on YouTube. They show that where the VAR people decide impact was made determined offside/onside, but in the two cases today they seem to have been inconsistent. In the first one, the ball is fractionally away and hence offside, but in the second they take it from the moment Mahrez makes contact, which is why Sterling ends up onside. That needs to be consistent.
It does, and this is why you need to show the decision point where the passer first touches the ball in a pass movement and be able to synchronise that view with the offside line. The current system is inaccurate.

For the spuds second goal they fouled the villa lad and kane was coming back from a clear offside position, yet surprise surprise no VAR
VAR doesn’t check for free kicks and Kane wasn’t offside as it came off a Villa player.

My thoughts exactly, I understood it will be for CLEAR and OBVIOUS errors, Raheems was certainly NOT CLEAR and OBVIOUS!!!

Offside doesn't fall under clear and obvious.

As per the PL: "Factual decisions such as whether a player is onside or offside, or inside or outside the penalty area, will not be subject to the clear and obvious test."

No communal spontaneous celebrations for something like that anymore. And it might have been brought back for the Lescott nudge at the throw-in which might have been ruled a foul. Christ knows where this will end.

Hypothetically...what if that Agueroooo moment was ruled out for offside by the lino ?

Spontaneous celebration squashed and knowing a perfectly good goal was chalked off by the lino , something all fans have had to put up with for years and years.

Teams have been relegated because of officials getting it completely wrong and having to guess on situations. If anything VAR is highlighting how many incorrect decisions we’ve always allowed.

c9cus.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.