Spurs (h) pre-match thread

Spurs (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
spoken like a true Chas and Dave. Spuds fans are always the first to get smacked in any argument you see in sports bars in spain. Its wierd, they are always the loudest and always the ones with a ripped shirt at the end of the night. ;-)

Not sure what your point is really.

Dele Alli thinks he is better than KDB. Harry Kane thinks he is better than Aguero. Spurs as a group think they are better than City as a group. And so on. And, of course, the reverse is true. It is the nature of top level sportsman. Otherwise they won't be.. well... top level sportsman.

And it is why you and I are hoofing it around on Hackney Marshes (or the Manchester equivalent). We simply do not have the intelligence to be top sportsman.
Ok we should just hand over the title to spuds but you might want to ask dippers first.

If this is an accurate sample size, Spurs fans are total bellends. Arrogance with absolutely no grounds for being arrogant. You are that shit that your website even names the Barclays Asia Trophy win in 2008 as one of the club’s Honours. It says it all really. 1 League Cup in about 20 years
These bellends are ruining this thread and strangling meaningful debate on the game. I am going for a narrow win for the Blues and at least one red card and a string of yellows.

We are the most hated team in London. Personally I love it. Woolwich and Chelsea even have a nice little love in when they play each other and sing anti-Spurs songs together. It's quite sweet really.
Well you must be doing something right if you get up their nose like that lol

Well it is feels like that but that was not the intention. It developed into a rather esoteric discussion about the mindset of top sportsman and Deli Alli in particular.

In short, the point I am making is that Spurs will come to your place believing they can win, believing they are as good as players as the City players and are as good as a team. They will believe they are fitter. They will believe that they are a lucky team, they will believe that the opposition think they are dirty team, and the opposition fear that they will cheat. And that will make the opposition uncomfortable. Whether that confidence and those beliefs are justified is, I accept, a matter for debate.

They will have a plan which will not be to sit deep, hope for the best, hit the ball long and get a flukey goal on the break, it will be that they will want to dominate physically, in possession and in territory. They will trust the system. And that will be how they win, In particular they might target Rodri and/or Fernandinho. Sissoko and Ndombele will feel that they are more physical and could overwhelm them.

Will it work? Who knows? We might still lose 5-0 again. But this time I think there is a change in mindset and a genuine belief we could win. And deserve to win.

And for the record - I acknowledge that last year you won lots of trophies and had lots more points than Spurs.
So, after all that, #believe. FOYS

Nah, he hasn't gone full dipper, a large section of the spurs fans have always had delusions of grandeur. The u*d of the south, they used to call themselves, while regularly finishing outside the top 10.

Ha!

That’s certainly not how we’ve ever described ourselves - though journalists or fans of other clubs might have done so. And even they would only have made the comparison back in the 70’s and 80’s when Utd, like Spurs, flattered to deceive, were crap in the league, got relegated for one season but won the occasional cup!

Last edited:
Well it is feels like that but that was not the intention. It developed into a rather esoteric discussion about the mindset of top sportsman and Deli Alli in particular.

In short, the point I am making is that Spurs will come to your place believing they can win, believing they are as good as players as the City players and are as good as a team. They will believe they are fitter. They will believe that they are a lucky team, they will believe that the opposition think they are dirty team, and the opposition fear that they will cheat. And that will make the opposition uncomfortable. Whether that confidence and those beliefs are justified is, I accept, a matter for debate.

They will have a plan which will not be to sit deep, hope for the best, hit the ball long and get a flukey goal on the break, it will be that they will want to dominate physically, in possession and in territory. They will trust the system. And that will be how they win, In particular they might target Rodri and/or Fernandinho. Sissoko and Ndombele will feel that they are more physical and could overwhelm them.

Will it work? Who knows? We might still lose 5-0 again. But this time I think there is a change in mindset and a genuine belief we could win. And deserve to win.

And for the record - I acknowledge that last year you won lots of trophies and had lots more points than Spurs.
Nurse

The only thing that will beat us is our level of fitness. If Spuds are ahead of us with that, they have a chance. Other than that, another three points for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.