Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How on earth can their be reports about Bayern signing sane in January when the likelyhood is he will still be recovering?
An ACL is a serious injury and their is no guarantee a player will come back the same as he was.
I don't get it.

There were some whispers that his injury might not be as big as classic ACL. If that is the case, Bayern most probably knows about it.

I'd seriously consider selling if Bayern are still willing to fork out £100m+

1.) He'll have little impact on our season given he's going to be out until March and will take time after that to get back up to speed.
2.) He'll be entering the final year of his contract next summer and we'd sell him anyway at that point if he isn't renewing. We can at least get more value whilst he has two years remaining.
3.) Whilst players can and generally do recover following knee ligament injuries, it isn't always a guarantee and can cause reoccurring issues throughout his career. Especially for a player that relies on speed/physicality like Leroy. See Mendy as an example.
4.) No transfer ban for 2020, meaning there isn't the concern of being caught short should we need to purchase anyone. Sancho is a realistic replacement and we can reinvest the money gained from Sane.

It's a shit situation all round and I'd obviously love to keep Leroy, but if he still isn't looking like he's going to renew and Bayern are still interested, it makes more sense than it did before in my eyes.

There's also point 5 - He clearly wasn't quite on the same wavelength as Pep last season, who barely started him in the run in, and spent all match shouting at him in frustration when he did play. If Mahrez's start to the season carries on, Leroy will be firmly 5th choice forward by the time he comes back and will barely play at all.

At a certain point if he's just not getting what Pep wants from him after 3 years, and someone offers considerably over £100m for your 5th choice forward....you'd be a bit stupid to say no IMO.

But that all depends on what Pep's view on him is privately and if he still thinks Leroy can adapt. Only starting him 5 times in the last 15 games doesn't look like he considers him one of his key players, but it's very hard to judge from outside.

Don't suppose you know where these whispers were heard?

If I recall good, it was Cheeseman that heard that somewhere and posted it on Twittter and some voices in my head are suggesting I might have read a word or two smewhere in media but that is a big shot though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.