Facial recognition at City?

For fuck’s sake. More shite to ruin the game!

I know two lots of people who share seasoncards.

I know a family of six who have two seasoncards between them and they all go to about 6 games each.

And I know three lads who are mates who share two seasoncards and they take it it turns on who misses out.

Whenever I can’t make a game I pass my ticket on to my Dad so my seat doesn’t go empty and I don’t run the risk of some idiot or an away fan taking my seat from the ticket exchange (I have only missed five home games since moving to the Etihad but even so, the option is there if I need it).

There are people who work Sundays so whenever there’s a Sunday game they pass their ticket on to a mate or family member.

Some people can’t make evening games so whenever there’s a midweek match they’ll pass their ticket on to a mate or family member.

There are people who share tickets because they can’t afford one on their own so there can be situations like my mate’s family above where multiple people share tickets.

Too many things are being brought in to annoy us all. It’s ruining everything.

I'm sure at least half the fans share to some degree. City are a disgrace.

I haven’t a clue how this is expected to work. I assume that the when the card is presented at the gate, the face will be scanned. Just how will that reduce queues?

What happens if someone has a paper ticket? What will a scan tell us here? Will anyone purchasing a paper ticket require a facial scan?

I have two season cards, one for me and one for my other half. She only does the weekend matches and my son generally comes for the midweek matches. I have to upgrade the ticket for him to use and generally get a paper ticket.

This is one of those ideas that sounds fine after a few drinks but is liable to be impossible to work in practice.

I was told to take my wallet, my keys, and my phone out of my pockets, then I was scanned up and down, told to turn around, arms out, scanned up and down again, and then let through. This process was being repeated on fans in-front of me. While this was going on, the queue behind me was getting longer.

Does this security procedure happen at every entrance? Does this procedure happen to Executive box holders, Tunnel Club members, Corporate members, etc?

I don’t like to call out senior staff employees at City, but it’s time Danny Wilson, who I have got a lot of time for, sat down with other Directors at City and reviewed the scanning procedure by Stewards outside the ground. It’s absolutely ridiculous. I’ve been a season ticket holder for 40 years. I have a season ticket. It was in my hand, I’ve been going through the same entrance for at least 5 season’s. Yet I’m being labelled and treated like.....(fill in as appropriate)

I’m not a criminal. I’m not a terrorist. I’m not a security concern to City in any way whatsoever. But I am being made to feel like one. I’m being made to feel like a 2nd class citizen. I’m not. I’m a law abiding, with no criminal record, City fan.

On a side note. A Father had a small, half full, bottle of water, which was his Son’s unfinished bottle of Water, taken off him and binned. The Steward said ‘the club’ does not allow any (plastic) bottles into the ground’.

So if this club policy is to force City fans to spend money inside the ground, it probably worked Yesterday, as the Father would have had to buy another (£2+) bottle of water inside the ground for his Son.

Yes the process is carried out for everyone who enters the stadium

With regard to being someone who has attended games for x years and you aren’t a criminal / terrorist, they are not assuming you are. A situation could arise where the terrorist has kidnapped your family and are making you enter the ground with a device to guarantee their release so everyone has to be search.
I can agree that the searches are somewhat nonsensical and inconsistent at some gates they don’t confiscate water, you will be aware that liquids can be used to create explosives They don’t search children as the security are not CRB cleared again a nonsense

With regard to being someone who has attended games for x years and you aren’t a criminal / terrorist, they are not assuming you are. A situation could arise where the terrorist has kidnapped your family and are making you enter the ground with a device to guarantee their release so everyone has to be search.
I can agree that the searches are somewhat nonsensical and inconsistent at some gates they don’t confiscate water, you will be aware that liquids can be used to create explosives They don’t search children as the security are not CRB cleared again a nonsense
ffs

Call me a liar, but I've stood in-front of the main stand on a few occasions waiting for the players coach to arrive, to kill a bit of time, and I don't recall a similar level of security checks being carried out of people who are Executive members, Box holders, Tunnel Club members, etc.

I've never seen them being told to empty their pockets, to turn around, to lift their arms in the air, etc. Yes, they are scanned, but not to the level that a turnstile City fan has to go through. Maybe that's done inside the stadium, rather than outside it? Bar that observation, it's the constant inconsistency of the security checks that annoys me.

One Week it's a general wave of the wand, the next Week it's your arms in the air, the next week it's empty your pockets, etc. There's no single rule that these Stewards seem to be to working to regarding the security checks. And if there are rules, the Stewards aren't adhering to them. They are making it up as they go along. It's fair to say the security procedures and how they are implemented is all down to the Steward on the Day.

I think even you could distinguish between a father and Son, and a small half plastic bottle of water? I think we need to get some perspective here. And it's fair to say, if the father had hidden the bottle of water on his person, he would have got in with it, as the scanner wouldn't have picked it up. I have seen City fans sneak small bottles of spirits into the ground and drink them on the concourse.

Last edited:
It's incredible how well we're doing on the pitch but take that away and the matchday experience for fans is arguably the worst it's ever been.

If we've got money to spunk on something like this then I'm sure we've got the money to pay our staff a living wage, amongst a whole host of other things that'd be far more popular than this piece of fascist shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.