Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

A correct decision on ruling out the 'goal' and an assumption that we would have scored a penalty . It's not a given that the penalty is scored . Not sure that the officials know what to do about the grappling / shirt pulling etc that goes on at corners . The world cup was farce with all the penalties but then that's what happens if we clamp down on it - eventually players will stop doing it ( attacking players too give away stupid fouls ).

I haven't seen if there was any incident prior to the ball being played in that involved grappling and pushing to gain a yard . If there wasn't a 6 of one half a dozen of the other situation prior to what the replays show then i don't get how it's not a penalty .

It's not a difficult rule to enforce with VAR - first offender is the aggressor and foul to the opposition .
Correct decision?
You mean a decision recently made up to suit var and having no bearing on human beings abilities, capabilities and intents who are actually playing the game - just an IT rule to make it easy for computer watchers?

Last edited:
What's clear is teams are now targeting our near post from corners. Spurs twice, Brighton, also.

Ederson is useless coming for the high whipped in ball and our zonal marking means a block and run across the first defender is giving them a real chance.

It's not a height issue, clearly, considering Moura is hardly a giant.

More a case of standing in fixed positions and opponents being able to getting a running jump.

At the game I thought it was more central but just watched a replay and you're right.
We need someone set to attack the near post delivery.

What's clear is teams are now targeting our near post from corners. Spurs twice, Brighton, also.

Ederson is useless coming for the high whipped in ball and our zonal marking means a block and run across the first defender is giving them a real chance.

More a case of standing in fixed positions and opponents being able to getting a running jump.

Our defenders have to identify the flight of the ball and go and attack it.

Correct decision?
You mean a decision recently made up to suit var and having not bearing on human beings abilities, capabilities and intents who are actually playing the game - just an IT rule to make it easy for computer watchers?

After considering everything, I'm of a mind that the decision to rule out City's third goal was plain wrong.

Correct decision?
You mean a decision recently made up to suit var and having not bearing on human beings abilities, capabilities and intents who are actually playing the game - just an IT rule to make it easy for computer watchers?

It is the correct decision . It's not a decision recently made up but a law that's been modified in the game to stop unfair advantages . There are a LOT of players out there that can manipulate that handball rule as it was . Accidental handball should result in a dropped ball . The speed of thought of the modern athlete mean they can practice 'accidental' looking handballs in training and take that out onto the field of play . You can't read a players mind so this is a fair rule .

As an amateur footballer when i was younger i would have apologised and said " sorry , that hit my hand" .Ball to hand but it was still the sporting thing to do - if it bounced away and possession went back to the other side then nothing needed to be said .

Perhaps sporting behaviour is being driven out of the game . It feels like having something that is right go against us and not be wrongly given as a goal is harder to accept than actually saying " you know what ? we'd have been mightily pissed off if that had been a winner allowed for spurs" .

Be aggrieved at not getting a penalty but don't be aggrieved at a correct decision .

More worried about us not scoring more from 30 chances.

I think the law needs to be clarified so that there needs to be a significant deviation in the trajectory, speed or bounce of the ball for it to count as creating a goal scoring opportunity.

IMO the law needs to be changed back to how it was, i.e. that if the ball hits your arm and there's **** all you can do about it, it is not handball.

The laws since the beginning of the game 100+ years ago were founded on the principle that you can control the ball with your feet, head, shoulders, arse, whatever... but not your hands.

If you haven't used you hands/arms to control the ball, then I think that should be fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.