Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by FantasyIreland, 17 Aug 2019.

1. rnblade

rnblade

My 8 year old lad walked out when he saw it and all he said was “This is cheating”

2. bluebrother55

bluebrother55

It was Yosser Hughes. Gizza title. Go on, gizza.

3. Tommy_Catons_Perm

Tommy_Catons_Perm

Agreed. Football is not that precise that we can measure to the nearest mm and look at tiny errors as an excuse to rule out goals. VAR is being used wrongly.

It's like using a sledge hammer to crack a nut.

Was anybody outraged last season when a player was level to the naked eye or a mm offside and a goal was scored? Was anybody outraged if a goal was scored, yet in the build up the ball accidentally hit some ones arm? Fair goals in principle?

Was anybody outraged when salah dived and won a pen or free kick and a goal was scored, or Milner was a yard offside and a goal was scored? Fair goals in principle?

How many times did you cheer a goal and then find out it was dis allowed?

Ever get the feeling you've been CHEATED? Ha ha...

4. bluesteel

bluesteel

They changed the law to say that any handball deliberate or not would be ruled out by VAR. I just read the KdB interview and he said he’s just learnt that this rule includes handball by the defending team too!

The joke of it is, is that the commentators in the CL 2nd leg last year vs Spurs said they were briefed on the rule prior to KO and were adamant Llorentes goal wouldn’t stand.

5. Mcfc_nathan_

Mcfc_nathan_

What’s he actually meant to do?

[​IMG]

6. jayfx

jayfx

That's very positive of you. However, I think the point is about how VAR looks as if it has killed the game.

come-on-barney and blueeeee like this.
  7. Metalartin

Metalartin

Could be the case but we'll have to keep a keen eye out so we can pull them on it, if it does go that way.

8. I'm Blue

I'm Blue

The angle they showed in the ground was appalling.
    Plus it looked like the Tottenham player had hold of the supposed arm it hit.

9. Tricky_Trev

Tricky_Trev

I really want to make the commitment to stop watching football. Football seems to be my sole variable that decides whether I have a good or bad weekend, it’s just not healthy. And with the blatant corrupt use of VAR, it’s only going to get worse. But how do you quit the hobby of a lifetime? It’s really not very easy at all.

There’s got to be more productive things I can do with my weekends than get wound up watching the thing I’m supposed to enjoy. Luckily, I will have help in easing off the football-dependence as my missus is 41 weeks pregnant with our son :) That is until he’s old enough to say “Dad, what’s VAR?”

mick10, TikiTaka and blueeeee like this.
  10. ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN

Sky TV and the premier league spoilt football now VAR is killing it

No one has a clue when to cheer a goal or not