Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

What is the point of having VAr to go through every little detail in the lead up to a goal not matter how minor and virtually impossible to detect even in slow motion and not use it at all for the obvious foul like an arm around a neck when it comes to a penalty decision in open play ? I don't mind the first instance as long as it is used for obvious and blatant that should have been given !!
Agreed. Football is not that precise that we can measure to the nearest mm and look at tiny errors as an excuse to rule out goals. VAR is being used wrongly.

It's like using a sledge hammer to crack a nut.

Was anybody outraged last season when a player was level to the naked eye or a mm offside and a goal was scored? Was anybody outraged if a goal was scored, yet in the build up the ball accidentally hit some ones arm? Fair goals in principle?

Was anybody outraged when salah dived and won a pen or free kick and a goal was scored, or Milner was a yard offside and a goal was scored? Fair goals in principle?

How many times did you cheer a goal and then find out it was dis allowed?

Ever get the feeling you've been CHEATED? Ha ha...

On the evidence to now it hasn’t

How can you claim the handball was the correct decision?

They changed the law to say that any handball deliberate or not would be ruled out by VAR. I just read the KdB interview and he said he’s just learnt that this rule includes handball by the defending team too!

The joke of it is, is that the commentators in the CL 2nd leg last year vs Spurs said they were briefed on the rule prior to KO and were adamant Llorentes goal wouldn’t stand.

What’s he actually meant to do?

29afe6ff984a12a23d172728003deef5.jpg

It is true, we've all accepted that it must have grazed his arm but the angles we were shown on sky didn't confirm it clearly. Anyone saying they could see it clearly, is lying unless I've missed one of the angles.

That said, I have a feeling they wouldn't go that far if there isn't an angle that shows it. Maybe one will pop up somewhere.
The angle they showed in the ground was appalling.
Plus it looked like the Tottenham player had hold of the supposed arm it hit.

I really want to make the commitment to stop watching football. Football seems to be my sole variable that decides whether I have a good or bad weekend, it’s just not healthy. And with the blatant corrupt use of VAR, it’s only going to get worse. But how do you quit the hobby of a lifetime? It’s really not very easy at all.

There’s got to be more productive things I can do with my weekends than get wound up watching the thing I’m supposed to enjoy. Luckily, I will have help in easing off the football-dependence as my missus is 41 weeks pregnant with our son :) That is until he’s old enough to say “Dad, what’s VAR?”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.