Bury fans club AFC start a new life in NWCL

If only there were some wealthy ex premier league footballers who could help. City did their bit in giving them Carrington, what have other clubs done to help over the past few seasons?

They were run by Neville Neville. Man Utd reserves played there. FC Utd played there. And the main stand is called the Neville Neville stand. I don't think City fans will like them much but Utd really should. It's like their junior club. Surprised the Neville brothers are prepared to let their Dad's club die

The whole Neville family have a strong affiliation with Bury. The fact the brothers are not getting involved is probably partly due to how the club is run nowadays. Their heads are probably ruling their hearts on this occasion. The fact Salford are in the league now gives them an out as in there are rules against being involved in more than one club.

At the end of the day it’s so sad for the Bury fans.

Everytime I hear the spokeswoman for the EFL I wonder how she ever got the job she sounds like she hasn't got a clue.

How the latest chairman was allowed to buy it for £1 or pass a fit and proper test is mind boggling. I don't think he will sell he obviously has an ulterior motive for hanging on.

Everytime I hear the spokeswoman for the EFL I wonder how she ever got the job she sounds like she hasn't got a clue.

How the latest chairman was allowed to buy it for £1 or pass a fit and proper test is mind boggling. I don't think he will sell he obviously has an ulterior motive for hanging on.

That's probably more common than you think. Weren't Rover sold to BMW for something like a tenner?

Sounds like we've already helped them out. Would be interesting to see us buy them out and could use them to develop youth players, but I can't see that ever happening.

A guy I know was a Halifax supporter. They went bust, lost their ground etc. A new club, Halifax fc, started up and is slowly making its way up the ranks. Many of their old fans are behind them. There is always hope.

I feel really sorry for the Bury fans, and I hope they find some kind of solution.

However, it seems strange how karma has touched virtually every club who enjoyed their 15 minutes of fame at City's expense in the late 90s (Oxford, Stockport, Bury, Macclesfield York, Lincoln), plus the two teams who formed the opposition when we faced the embarrassment of early entry in the FA Cup ( Halifax and Darlington), and our only Autoglass opponent (Mansfield) in the entire history of the competition.

I think I'm right in saying that every club has since hosted National League football or worse.

Last edited:
No. If we save them we have to save all of the other greater Manchester based clubs as well.

It might just be me aswell, but I’ve never really seen us have that much of a connection with bury. I’d associate the club/ place more with united.

Some Bury fans claim he didn't pass the F&P test but the deal went ahead before the EFL could stop it. Not sure how true that is.
Other EFL clubs should be putting pressure on the EFL to get a resolution to the problem as around a third of them could be next.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.