Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

That said, they do have two other people on the pitch to help them, supposedly.

yeah i thought that as i typed it...but linos only usually get invvled in offsides and things they belive the ref aint seen - you dont get lino's overruling refs though they will flag for something if when they see it regardless of the ref blowing for it or not...rarely are they over ruled if they do ( a ref may wave advantage or something in some situations).

maybe the remit of the lino needs to be developed (or do they have a hard enough job as it is with offsides?)

do we have two refs (say one for each half of the pitch? (they wouldnt change ends so both teams attack and defence would be ref'd in a full game by each ref.....with only half a pitch to concentrate on there is less chance of missing something.....though again that wouldnt have stopped the dreadful non penalty decision on rodri.

yeah i thought that as i typed it...but linos only usually get invvled in offsides and things they belive the ref aint seen - you dont get lino's overruling refs though they will flag for something if when they see it regardless of the ref blowing for it or not...rarely are they over ruled if they do ( a ref may wave advantage or something in some situations).

maybe the remit of the lino needs to be developed (or do they have a hard enough job as it is with offsides?)

do we have two refs (say one for each half of the pitch? (they wouldnt change ends so both teams attack and defence would be ref'd in a full game by each ref.....with only half a pitch to concentrate on there is less chance of missing something.....though again that wouldnt have stopped the dreadful non penalty decision on rodri.
And don't forget simon,champions League we have an official at either end,what the fcuk do they do.

Clearly UEFA have an issue with us, its been quite obvious for 10 years, well the old G14(17) do anyway, and they ruled UEFA until the ECA took over ruling UEFA, that same ECA that formed from the G17, suggest you look into some of the history.

UEFA/G17/G14 as it was don't want us winning their history trophy and have done pretty much all they can to deny us, and have been successful so far, I mean even you've made the final ;-)

You state cartel mockingly, when it only highlights your lack of knowledge if anything. When people use that term in football, they are obviously referring to the G14 clubs or more simply put, the old elite who want protected status. Those clubs with ex executives at the top tables of UEFA and the FA. Those who pushed UEFA to let them hijack FFP and weaponise it to protect the status quo. Which in turn made it very little to do with club debt like it was originally intended.

How much influence they actually have and whether VAR has anything to do with it is up for debate but not their existence.

I'm finding it hard to respond to this without referencing the 'sports washing' which I expect will be regarded as wumming.

I grew up (late 80s - 90s) with 2 City supporting step brothers so I'm not as 'out of the loop' as you may think - and have always been sympathetic towards the fans of a great club who are being used with little to no resistance. Have seen City play live into double digits and don't regard myself as a regular 'rival fan' purely because City has been imposed on me my whole life - even though I support Spurs. I'm no expert, but am also not completely ignorant.

Well I guess everyone is against you then like you say. Any allegations made against City, the fans will once again turn a blind eye and see them as further evidence that Uefa and other organisations have an agenda against the club. That may be true - but also 'project longbow' may be true or other skulduggery that's supposedly going on. None of us posting on here are very likely to have sufficient evidence available for the complete picture and will be filling in the gaps with speculation.

Such corruption would be far easier to sustain against City without VAR though. Can only see it working in your favour.
I mean, the Champions League is all the Abu Dhabi lot really want to win and be associated with anyway - and I feel kind of proud to see City fans being focused on winning (consecutive) domestic titles as opposed to buying in to the state organised agenda.

But alas, this is a local forum for local people.. or something to that effect.

I'm finding it hard to respond to this without referencing the 'sports washing' which I expect will be regarded as wumming.

I grew up (late 80s - 90s) with 2 City supporting step brothers so I'm not as 'out of the loop' as you may think - and have always been sympathetic towards the fans of a great club who are being used with little to no resistance. Have seen City play live into double digits and don't regard myself as a regular 'rival fan' purely because City has been imposed on me my whole life - even though I support Spurs. I'm no expert, but am also not completely ignorant.

Well I guess everyone is against you then like you say. Any allegations made against City, the fans will once again turn a blind eye and see them as further evidence that Uefa and other organisations have an agenda against the club. That may be true - but also 'project longbow' may be true or other skulduggery that's supposedly going on. None of us posting on here are very likely to have sufficient evidence available for the complete picture and will be filling in the gaps with speculation.

Such corruption would be far easier to sustain against City without VAR though. Can only see it working in your favour.
I mean, the Champions League is all the Abu Dhabi lot really want to win and be associated with anyway - and I feel kind of proud to see City fans being focused on winning (consecutive) domestic titles as opposed to buying in to the state organised agenda.

Sports washing,state organised agenda and the Abu Dhabi lot? have some fucking respect,how do you know what our owner wants to win?he has taken us from nothing to the dominant club in the last 10yrs,he has wanted to win everything,i doubt very much he is having a strop because we are winning every domestic trophy and not the CL,as for VAR going to work in our favour lol,don't speak to what is going on with UEFA and us as you know fuck all about it,you are here to troll,haven't you got anything better to do?

I've read that twice and have no idea what point you are trying to make, but at no point did I say everyone "is against" us, but there can be little doubt that UEFA, in cahoots with the old cartel of clubs DO NOT like our rise, and they found us guilty of FFP transgressions after moving the goalposts once we'd submitted our accounts, and its the same thing we are now being investigated over again, having already been punished once for it.

A letter was even sent by several English clubs to the PL asking them "to do something to stop us", not sure if yours was one, I can't remember, but united, liverpool, and arsenal certainly signed it, and it was signed by them all on arsenal headed notepaper, it'll be on here somewhere if you can be bothered to look.

My comments to you in any case were about you getting personal with members on here, as a "guest" that isn't on, so far you are still here, so you've been given the benefit of the doubt.

I've read that twice and have no idea what point you are trying to make, but at no point did I say everyone "is against" us, but there can be little doubt that UEFA, in cahoots with the old cartel of clubs DO NOT like our rise, and they found us guilty of FFP transgressions after moving the goalposts once we'd submitted our accounts, and its the same thing we are now being investigated over again, having already been punished once for it.

A letter was even sent by several English clubs to the PL asking them "to do something to stop us", not sure if yours was one, I can't remember, but united, liverpool, and arsenal certainly signed it, and it was signed by them all on arsenal headed notepaper, it'll be on here somewhere if you can be bothered to look.

My comments to you in any case were about you getting personal with members on here, as a "guest" that isn't on, so far you are still here, so you've been given the benefit of the doubt.
Spurs were one. Tbh with you bud if I was a mod I've had banned him for the Abu Dhabi lot line alone considering it was after you warned him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.