Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

I think now that VAR has become a permanent fixture we need the refs to have a mike stuck up there noses post-match with a list of questions as to why they arbitrated what they did. I've got three after today's game. 1 Why, when the 'tackle' on the City player in the Spurs penalty area met all the criteria the LotG require for the award of a penalty, you saw fit to ignore it, 2 Which LotG did Bernardo infringe when he was sandwiched between the two Spurs players, and 3 Why did you not book the Spurs player for the foul on KdB which halted his part in the attack and only award the free kick, when you cautioned Sterling for his tackle by the touchline ?

Question 4 should surely be why does (3) Sterling warrant a foul and a booking whilst the same thing (1) warrants no action whatsoever?

Instead of slapping ourselves on the back and saying wow, 30 shots and 10 on target, we really should be asking ourselves why 20 were off target and why only 2/3 led to actual goals. The sooner we address this issue and start rectifying it, the sooner we will remove VAR from the equation.

To add to that, the number of (missed) chances would be even higher if players didn’t routinely make the wrong decision in the build up.
I’m sure Pep will be having a word or 2 about that tomorrow

Welcome to the new era folks. You'll never celebrate another goal spontaneously again.

This. This. This. I went from the head-rush heights to bitter tears in the span of 3 minutes or whatever the fuck it was. I'm absolutely devastated but the players will use this travesty as pure motivation going forward because that's what champions do. I feel as bad as I did in 2018/2019 when City were down by (7 or 10 points?) mid-season and look how that turned out.

Last edited:
A few handbags by the buses near the south stand after the match with Spurs fans just after the final whistle, seemed to die off quickly though.

Well we should of won by 5 blues, how the funk spurs walk away with a point is incredible.

Some poor finishing and poor defending on 2 occasions cost us. End of.

The only concerns I have is we are desperate for a commanding centre back.

VAR is shit we already knew that and it will ruin the game if they don’t apply common sense soon. If not many fans will stop going to games.

Look at the positives blues we totally dominated one of our rivals by a mile and some of the football was amazing at times

Think you are spot on with your analysis of the game. We missed good chances and gave away two very poor goals. On another day that could have been 5-2. And, yes, VAR is in danger of throttling all joy out of the game.
I would add, though, that I thought our second half performance - from the 65th or so minute - was pretty lacklustre: we did not move the ball quickly enough or establish a tempo and made it easy for a resilient Spurs defence. A number of players looked a bit leggy in the last quarter of the game, perhaps understandable at this stage of the season. I also felt that Sterling, Bernado and even Kev faded badly in the second half, seemingly running out of ideas, and Sterling, in particular, was guilty of trying to do too much, of hanging on to the ball too long and sometimes trying to score himself instead of playing better placed team mates in. A very frustrating game and result but after such a run of wins in the Premiership something was going to give eventually - and Spurs and Pochettino are no mugs!

Atmosphere was very poor second half today.
It was indeed. And it is only going to get worse. I didn't know why the goal was disallowed until I got out of the stadium. Managed to walk 5 mins up the road to get a phone signal and checked a sky sports app. VAR is ruining the 'day out at the footy'. No issue for all those sat on a sofa though as they have the commentary and all the replays. The match going fan is once again being screwed.

It’s only going to get worse when people stop spontaneously celebrating goals.

You may as well stay at home and watch it on the box. At least you can hear what's happening with this var shit. As Bob day will celebrate a goal soon anymore what's the point in going?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.