Bury fans club AFC start a new life in NWCL

Why would any one buy a club like Bury as no one will ever make a profit and they
are massively in debut. They are 12 points adrift to start with .In 12 month time they will be back in the same situation

Why would any one buy a club like Bury as no one will ever make a profit and they
are massively in debut. They are 12 points adrift to start with .In 12 month time they will be back in the same situation
Well if it wasn't for the current version of FFPR and long term investors were encouraged to come in and grow the club through investment while absorbing short term losses, someone might be interested. Unfortunately while investment is frowned upon, you're mostly going to get short term opportunists.

No. We are one of the elite. We’ve never experienced hard times so why should we bother about some ragged-arsed town that feeds us plenty of fans?

Although we missed out on becoming one of the Premier League/Sky cartel, we’ve caught up since and it’s time to pull up the ladder up behind us.

Fcuk em and fcuk anyone else.
This post must be a wind up. Shirley you are not that much of an arse to actually mean that.

No. We are one of the elite. We’ve never experienced hard times so why should we bother about some ragged-arsed town that feeds us plenty of fans?

Although we missed out on becoming one of the Premier League/Sky cartel, we’ve caught up since and it’s time to pull up the ladder up behind us.

Fcuk em and fcuk anyone else.

Nice fishing, as that all it can be.

We were on the verge of being like bury, on a larger scale and were weeks from administration at one point.

I keep hearing the town this, the town that....and then live at the ground there's what 100 people.

Tell you what, where are all the fans? There should be thousands there. Seems nobody really cares from supporters to the townsfolk who on TV say how important Bury FC are.

The club is probably dead in its current form in a few hours & everyone is sat in their gardens....

As @SpiritofBurnden has already pointed put a lot of local GM clubs suffer from the two other big clubs witihin spiting distance attracting the local populace.

I know a few people who are SC holders with us but will get in a game at bury, alty, hyde etc occasionally when we are playing away/internatiinal weekends.

Maybe all those blues giving up the prem because or VAR or apparently priced out by tourists who still want a live football fix should cinsider watchibg clubs like bury/dale/alty etc to get that, after all city games will rarely be played on sat at 3pm unlike lower league.games so you can still follow us but watch live football and help a local club.

If city ever got too expensive for me to go, I would do a few local teams on rotation, done a few alty and droyslden games the last few years

This post must be a wind up. Shirley you are not that much of an arse to actually mean that.
I like Bury as a town and the football club is part of the community, it goes beyond economics, it’s part of the identity of the place. I hope they can survive this years inevitable relegation and come back stronger. I took my Dad to Blackpool (he’s a supporter) when Oyston was ousted last season. The atmosphere was great even though there were just 7k there it was obvious how much the club meant to the town. Good luck to Blackpool, Bury and Bolton, All three shafted by shady businessmen who are fucking with supporters clubs.

If Rochdale can survive, so can Bury.

At City and Utd?

It's all very well pontificating about how the town doesn't care about their football club but most football supporters in Bury probably don't support Bury.

Rochdale, like Oldham and Bolton, is a town full of Rags and Dippers, who outnumber supporters of the home town team. I would suggest that Rochdale, along with other similar teams are looking over their shoulders right now. Year on year, the main core of support will continue to fall. The majority of football supporters in towns like Bury, Bolton, Oldham and Rochdale are spineless and gutless, choosing to support a successful team, not their hometown club, and yes, now City are one of those teams that United and Liverpool were back in the 70's when I was a young kid. How long before I am driving through Bolton will I be seeing Etihad logos?

Rochdale, like Oldham and Bolton, is a town full of Rags and Dippers, who outnumber supporters of the home town team. I would suggest that Rochdale, along with other similar teams are looking over their shoulders right now. Year on year, the main core of support will continue to fall. The majority of football supporters in towns like Bury, Bolton, Oldham and Rochdale are spineless and gutless, choosing to support a successful team, not their hometown club, and yes, now City are one of those teams that United and Liverpool were back in the 70's when I was a young kid. How long before I am driving through Bolton will I be seeing Etihad logos?

I think it’s ridiculous to call the majority of supporters living in Rochdale spineless for supporting city, a club 15 minutes away. If it was Chelsea maybe... I’m guessing you live in ancoats or something?

On the subject of Rochdale, they are a very well run club, who, despite having a very small fan base, operate well within their means and haven’t been in financial trouble certainly in my lifetime. They get the majority of their players through loans and free transfers. My dad goes to Rochdale along with City so I’m quite familiar with them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.