#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your point was not understanding people constantly pining for him to play Ie the fans. Being local is absolutely relevant to that.

But it’s not just that he’s local he’s also extremely talented. I’d say he’s naturally more gifted then sancho - just my opinion though

But he’s not going to develop if he never plays.

That's not what I said.

Read it again.

You think Bernardo really gives a shit about doing mop up duty against Brighton? Phil is part of the squad too, he's put in the time, and the veterans in the team understand you need to get the young guys minutes every now and then. They also had to break into the first team once.

I'll say it again.

Pep clearly disagrees with such a notion, and he works with them every single fucking day.

I'll just leave it here. If the boss sees fit, so do I.

I dont think he needs a loan.

Wait until next season.

David Silva. That's all I'll say.

It’s his third year with the first team and he can’t be trusted to have 30 mins when we’re 3-0 at home.

I personally don’t see him being Silva’s replacement next year. I hope I’m wrong though.

We won't,we have phil and bernie
Is the correct answer.

Phil brings something different because hes a local kid.

But ultimately its immaterial.

He will be judged as a football player and that is the top and bottom of it.

I'll say it again.

Pep clearly disagrees with such a notion, and he works with them every single fucking day.

I'll just leave it here. If the boss sees fit, so do I.
Oh, ok. Case closed then. May as well lock the thread with that logic.

It’s his third year with the first team and he can’t be trusted to have 30 mins when we’re 3-0 at home.

I personally don’t see him being Silva’s replacement next year. I hope I’m wrong though.

I dont think it's about trust.

It think it's about trying to keep harmony in a big squad, and arguably the best one on the planet.

And ultimately that is going to he Phil's issue. In other circumstances, and 99% of the time, he would be getting minutes.

Its unfortunate for him that he is part of a very fucking elite team.

Oh, ok. Case closed then. May as well lock the thread with that logic.

Let's not behave like a teenager.

Pep is the main man. If he sees reason not to give Phil those minutes in an environment like today then that is good enough for me.

He is the greatest manager ever. Period. I can only assume he has his reasons for making such a choice and ultimately it will be for the greater good of this football club and for Phil Foden.

He needs game time and I understand the frustration, but we are only 4 games into the season. He will play and will play more than he did last season.

Whilst it was annoying that he wasn’t brought on at 3-0, Pep knows what he is doing. Maybe it was because he doesn’t want to just bring Phil on every time we’ve already won a game and there is no pressure. Surely he would benefit more from playing in games where a difference actually has to be made (and he made that difference against Spurs a few months ago). Or maybe he wanted to give two of our more senior players who haven’t hit full fitness yet some minutes.

Either way we should wait a few more months before jumping to conclusions, Pep even said that we are still in pre-season mode

Let's not behave like a teenager.

Pep is the main man. If he sees reason not to give Phil those minutes in an environment like today then that is good enough for me.

He is the greatest manager ever. Period. I can only assume he has his reasons for making such a choice and ultimately it will be for the greater good of this football club and for Phil Foden.
Well maybe try addressing the content of my post instead of just “well Pep thinks this, ergo I’m correct”. I agree with everything you’re saying about him being the best manager ever, and I sure as hell don’t think I know better than he does, but let’s not pretend he doesn’t ever make mistakes. We’re not on RAWK here.

Well maybe try addressing the content of my post instead of just “well Pep thinks this, ergo I’m correct”. I agree with everything you’re saying about him being the best manager ever, and I sure as hell don’t think I know better than he does, but let’s not pretend he doesn’t ever make mistakes. We’re not on RAWK here.

I addressed the content of your post upon initial interaction with you.

You asked me why he couldn’t get 20 minutes in a game that was done.

I told you. He isn’t in place to do so as per his pecking order and his pecking order is as such, because he is not yet ready.

Do I think Phil Foden deserves 20 minutes ahead of Ilkaay Gundogan?

No, I don’t. Not yet.

He will get his moment but it’s not yet. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.