#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how do you suggest he displaces a senior player if he doesn't play? I'm not sure why Gundo and Bernie "had to" play in your words, at home and up by three goals, right before they leave for their national teams, and Phil doesn't.

We can't expect him to come in and be sharp if all he gets are Carabao Cup games against shit opposition every five weeks.

It will potentially disrupt the squad.

He is up against seasoned international players.

It is going to be very very hard for Phil to get minutes here. If we decide to replace Spanish Dave there is a real risk he may leave.

Not what the masses want to hear, but that's where we are.

He does. No question. Results prove that.

However I do see phil as a replacement for Silva. Next summers transfer window is going to be telling.

And if we go out and spend £50 million on a Silva replacement next summer?

Everybody is ahead of him. That's the issue the lad has. It won't be solved sitting on the Bench. I really don't see the issue with a loan. He will improve more surely by playing than warming the bench. Look at Sancho.

Will always be a raging debate this.

What will be, will be.

It will potentially disrupt the squad.

He is up against seasoned international players.

It is going to be very very hard for Phil to get minutes here. If we decide to replace Spanish Dave there is a real risk he may leave.

Not what the masses want to hear, but that's where we are.
You think Bernardo really gives a shit about doing mop up duty against Brighton? Phil is part of the squad too, he's put in the time, and the veterans in the team understand you need to get the young guys minutes every now and then. They also had to break into the first team once.

And how do you suggest he displaces a senior player if he doesn't play? I'm not sure why Gundo and Bernie "had to" play in your words, at home and up by three goals, right before they leave for their national teams, and Phil doesn't.

We can't expect him to come in and be sharp if all he gets are Carabao Cup games against shit opposition every five weeks.
Phil is going with the U21's,pep wants him less shy and more assertive,he says he is treating him(pep) with too much respect,the fact is he is in a team who have broken every record going in 2 seasons,he has done well to be involved at all,when he signed his new 6yr contract he would have been given the plan for his progression and is happy with it,as dave winds down he will wind up,that is for pep to judge,fucking impatience of blues doesn't get him on the pitch any sooner

We had the same debate last season and he played much more than the season before. All the players need minutes at the moment and few look sharp. I am convinced that he will play more than last season.

For fans, yes, but that's why we are not the manager.

Whether he is local is unfortunately, completely irrelevant.

When you start to factor in external circumstances like that it's no longer about the football player.

He is very very talented, but playing in one of the worlds best squads.

His time will come.

Your point was not understanding people constantly pining for him to play Ie the fans. Being local is absolutely relevant to that.

But it’s not just that he’s local he’s also extremely talented. I’d say he’s naturally more gifted then sancho - just my opinion though

But he’s not going to develop if he never plays.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.