Pep on why we didn't replace Vinny

This is what Pep excels at, and he's perfect to have at this time, I suspect this points to Laporte being long term though.
Injuries to key players are unfortunate but inevitable - our centre halves are just as important as the rest of the team - but a big percentage of the teams we play are pegged back in their own half for most of the 90 minutes and rarely put our defence under any pressure - and even if they manage to exploit any weakness and score a goal (or two) we usually get 4 or 5 - but when we play the very top teams - Dippers Barcelona Madrid PSG etc then yes I agree the defence will be tested more and those are the games where we need everyone fit to provide options

Major error not to buy a CB, Otto has always one mistake in him ever game and Stones far too unreliable and prone to injuries.

Just hope we can get through to January and somehow pick someone up.

If any other supporter of any other club in Europe read that comment and then looked at our squad they would just laugh at you!

Surely Delph can play CB???

We barely have to defend in the PL. Ferna's positional sense and aerial ability should be adequate until New Year

Surely Delph can play CB???

We barely have to defend in the PL. Ferna's positional sense and aerial ability should be adequate until New Year
Where has this New Year timescale came from.
Sorry if I have missed the news and it is common knowledge.

Didn't Pep put Mascherano into central defence at Barca? We'll be fine, we have intelligent players that will understand 'the process' and Fernandinho reads the game very well, so that more than makes up for his 34yrs.

He makes fair and valid points.
Thank you, we are very rarely tested in terms of defence, probably 6 games a season but those are games which yield trophies.

I would not fancy our chances in the last 16 of the Champions League with a pairing of John Stones and Otermendi.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.