Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better News than was expected with all the bull shit being thrown about since weekend. Does anybody know if stones is still injured or is he looking good for the Norwich game??

I had surgery on my right knee after a torn meniscus 6 years ago.
I was back running in about 2 months that was when I was in my mid 30s.
I would imagine 3 months approx for him.

Sounds about right. I had a torn meniscus repaired in my 40's. Problem with knee surgery like that though is, IIRC, it has a lasting deleterious effect. Hopefully Ayme will be fine for many years though. My knee is (figuratively speaking) basically screwed now but I have got a few years on Laporte.

Sounds about right. I had a torn meniscus repaired in my 40's. Problem with knee surgery like that though is, IIRC, it has a lasting deleterious effect. Hopefully Ayme will be fine for many years though. My knee is (figuratively speaking) basically screwed now but I have got a few years on Laporte.

Yes my running has been ok since but lost some pace after the op and it still twinges every now and again.
I was told the key is to have strong quads around it which I'm sure Laporte will have in abundance.

Reactions: OB1
Can you ask her if that is because there is damage to two areas in the knee?
From what she's saying, it would be less if it was just one, damage to both means he'll need an implant to replace the cartilage, and stop bone rubbing on bone. The meniscus damage depends as in laymans terms it's a bag between the bones and it will be torn and I assume as sh'e gone now the bag is filled with fluid.

Meniscus is a lot better than the ACL we feared it could be, cartilage damage on top could be tricky though. Best of luck Eric.
Yes, having had both (as I think you have, as well), they both present different immediate challenges and long-term issues, depending on quality of surgery (he’ll have had the best, of course) and initial damage, but meniscus is still generally better than ACL, so it is good news.

Let’s just hope the meniscus damage wasn’t extensive, as that has probably had more an impact on my game than the LCL, MCL, or ACL injuries, and will eventually require a replacement, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.