Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Press going with it is understood that he will out to around XMas.

Understand my foot. Guessing, something that will creates a convenient headline to entrap ABCs.

Speaking of ABCs, a convenient lead-in to the enemy.

We should celebrate when the Guardian falls below 130,000.

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/nati...s-smallest-circulation-decline-for-july-2019/

JnZmydq.png
Only part of the story Marv. The Mail and Guardian have probably comfortably the two biggest online presences which are far more important in this day and age. I'd be surprised if physical copy circulation was anything more than a minor issue in media boardrooms nowadays.

Only part of the story Marv. The Mail and Guardian have probably comfortably the two biggest online presences which are far more important in this day and age. I'd be surprised if physical copy circulation was anything more than a minor issue in media boardrooms nowadays.
Digital is the growth area, but 50% of the Guardian's revenue comes from print.

They claim 56% of revenue is digital, so I assume half their business come from traditional channels.

I think if newspaper's dropped their title, their web-site would disappear.

Guardian football is awful, and completely thrashed by the BBC analysis which is much more in-depth and comprehensive. Why would anyone stay loyal to a web-site. It's habits and routines which can be broken and change and innovation is part of the internet.

Last edited:
In fairness, David Silva is a different type of player to KDB - much more around close control and tight space passes, whereas KDB is the one who finds those impossible passes out of nothing - like Sterling's first away to Palace, Kun's against Liverpool in 2017, those miracle balls against Hughes's Stoke, etc. That was a very key part of our 2017/18 success and most pundits predicted a massive drop in goal output when KDB went down. As it turned out, we had others like Bernardo and Raheem really step up so we papered over the cracks. Similarly, I think our defence will adjust. Not that Aymeric isnt important - but the team is not shaped around one individual.

We will miss him big time in the Liverpool game for sure. No getting around that.

KDB is the only injury to the squad that legitimately makes a noticeable impact from a data and expected goals POV.

Of course losing anyone in our first 11 is a big deal but what Kevin does for us causes ripples to everyone. Those pundits were definitely correct from my records. Bernardo + Raz stepped up in a big way and definitely improved but many might be surprised to find out that once Kevin went down the nearly entire attack force had a significant drop of in production barring Sane in terms of goals+assists / minutes. Even Dave and Gundogan.

Kevin is so valuable to us from an expected goals POV that we can lose Sane + Laporte long term and it doesn’t affect our title odds in the slightest because of how much he improves this seasons squad. I reckon some of that is Mendys impact too but mostly Kev.

A 4 month recovery theme and City to buy in January is a theme in today's press. They might be right, but this is not news reporting, this is guessing and speculation presented as news.

should players start wear knee pads like you get in skateboarding ?? always wonder why nobody really values their knee's like their shins ?? maybe stuff like laporte injury could have been avoided and deflected the impact, maybe somebody could come up with a idea to have a knee pad made into the socks because you see plenty of players with their sock over their knees
While your at it how about helmets and maybe a cricket box, or better still they play wrapped in foam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.