Women's Team - 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just managed to watch the full match after work.

I applaud BT Sport television production of it. The camera angles etc treated it as good as a PL match. Only issue was the pro raggie punditry.

The raggettes will get bigger crowds than their men's team if they keep playing like that. Be nice if they reciprocate by using the swamp for the away match. Woowar would probably charge us £65 for it mind.

:)

Haven't been to a derby at The Swamp since Liver George played for their youth team. They still haven't fully sanitised the ground for me to consider going just yet!

Reactions: mat
If WSL wants to succeed it needs to at least make British national team players exempt from the salary cap, it's hardly a top sell when you watch England at the World Cup and then can't watch the likes of Bronze and Parris for us yesterday.

Also, don't know why, but considering the team's been established a few years at the top now, and the quality has plenty of room for improvement, I was hoping to see a generation of La Masia style talent coming through for the women's game, as there's obviously a gulf there for a hugely talented generation exposed to elite coaching to come through, that's surely something we should be building towards?

P.s. McManus and Ross are morally bankrupt and personas non-grata.

's
If WSL wants to succeed it needs to at least make British national team players exempt from the salary cap, it's hardly a top sell when you watch England at the World Cup and then can't watch the likes of Bronze and Parris for us yesterday.

Also, don't know why, but considering the team's been established a few years at the top now, and the quality has plenty of room for improvement, I was hoping to see a generation of La Masia style talent coming through for the women's game, as there's obviously a gulf there for a hugely talented generation exposed to elite coaching to come through, that's surely something we should be building towards?

What've they gone 'n done? Bad-mouthed us? I was cheering on Agent Abbie to shin one past Wyatt Earp's ninth-great niece!

That wasn't the best game of footy I've seen from MCWFC and it shouldn't be the one, and only one, upon which a judgement is made. We said at HT that we couldn't play as badly as that in the second half but on occasions last season we did, but we also played some exhilarating football - the game against the Arse was a corker, and, despite being pegged back by CFC we put together a much better performance than yesterday. The unfortunate thing with City women at the moment is that you never seen to get a great deal of consistency in a performance as we used to a couple of seasons back, and the propensity to play sideways and AAAAAAARGH backwards from promising positions is mind-numbing. Possession might be a key but when we have a throw in level with the oppo's area, and two passes later our goalie has it, is something that will not pack a stadium!

That wasn't the best game of footy I've seen from MCWFC and it shouldn't be the one, and only one, upon which a judgement is made. We said at HT that we couldn't play as badly as that in the second half but on occasions last season we did, but we also played some exhilarating football - the game against the Arse was a corker, and, despite being pegged back by CFC we put together a much better performance than yesterday. The unfortunate thing with City women at the moment is that you never seen to get a great deal of consistency in a performance as we used to a couple of seasons back, and the propensity to play sideways and AAAAAAARGH backwards from promising positions is mind-numbing. Possession might be a key but when we have a throw in level with the oppo's area, and two passes later our goalie has it, is something that will not pack a stadium!

How fair is Katie Whyatt's report in the DT Dave? Is Miss Whyatt the women's game version of Mark Ogden and the numpties who succeed him?

I see the rags manager kept the press waiting for an hour for her post match press conference - then it was announced she had left the stadium

They call it “the younited way” - some call it cheating

No doubt the FA(?) will come down hard on these newly promoted pretenders - haha; as if!!

There is a big improvement in the quality of players
Coming through the Academy. Gavin (Head of City Women’s Football) and Karen Beardsley said so at Gary James’ event on Monday night. It will take a few years for these schoolgirls to compete for places in the Women’s Team.

I think we know why the salary cap is in place. Something to do with a couple of clubs being dominant. I wonder if it would be in place if the Liverpool or rags were regular challengers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.