So if/when Mary D's closes

The Spanking Rodger and the Stadium both north of the ground gone too.

City should show other TV games at the stadium again like they used to.
I’d like them to build a mini-street of pubs on the wasteland behind the East Stand and some down the canal walk back to Town.

It’s be a great destination once the arena is built.

I love a pipe dream!

The Spanking Rodger and the Stadium both north of the ground gone too.

City should show other TV games at the stadium again like they used to.
They had the Southampton v scum game on inside the stadium before we played Brighton, just hope they continue showing games .

City need to build a large social club or similar like we used to have at Maine Road. I know they have those bars outside the ground. These would be fine if we were in Spain, but we are in Manchester, where it is either freezing, raining or both 99% of the time.

Great posts. The decline of the pub scene around the ground is grim for real people like us. But the new wave of flag wavers we've now got flooding in to our ground couldn't give a shit! They are shop goers and City square lovers. The clubs hierarchy must love these boozers closing because(in their eyes) it'll push them pub goers to the ground earlier,thus spending money at City. I used to love going to the Mitchum before and after match and see a load of the old lads,but them days have gone. I drive with my daughter these days, straight in and straight out, because I can't stand all that City square bollocks!
I hated it the other week when I went to City Sq as a one-off.

It wasn’t busy though like it used to be and those in attendance were mostly adults yet everything on the screens were people asking kids to scream to win a competition and then the players names being shouted as they came off the coach.

It was poor and a lot of the crowd there were doing that pull-your-face-shake-your-head thing with what was going on. And after a line of eight kids were all asked “what’s your name, how old are you, where are you from?” people were just walking off.

I’d not been to City Sq for a few years so I thought I’d stick around that day just to get a good feel for it. Was there over an hour.

I will not be going back!

I’d like them to build a mini-street of pubs on the wasteland behind the East Stand and some down the canal walk back to Town.

It’s be a great destination once the arena is built.

I love a pipe dream!

Basically, you want a pub crawl built for you. To be used when the weather is good during the football season, me too -)

If you are ITK, there is a place where they show live football, good cheap beer on tap, clean toilets, vending machines for tea, coffee and kids' sweets, pies and such, all at half the price of inside the stadium.

And not a coke head or Munich chant in sight or earshot, all within 30 yards of the turnstiles.

If you are ITK, there is a place where they show live football, good cheap beer on tap, clean toilets, vending machines for tea, coffee and kids' sweets, pies and such, all at half the price of inside the stadium.

And not a coke head or Munich chant in sight or earshot, all within 30 yards of the turnstiles.

Don't tell everyone about the Squash club, ffs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.