United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could have just said it was done in training if they were looking for an easy option.
Nope.it happened straight after a 1st team match.at old trafford.beckham left the dressing room with the injury....he didn't have it before the match.so no way could they hv said it was done in training.

Do/will they have the big money available?
If they miss out on CL football again that's around £80m in TV and qualifying revenue they're missing, plus £40m or so they lose from the Adidas deal
The rags are already streamlining wages and the Glazer family aren't going to give up their bonus'

Looking at how much it's just cost for a right back and centre half, its going to take another £500m and I don't believe they have anything like the funds available or the pulling power to attract top quality players

I get what you're saying but I still think they would still easily afford what it would take to start turning things around - just think of all those noodles they help shift...
If it really came to it the Glazers could sell some more shares (the second class ones of course) or take out a loan. Again. After all, they won't be the ones paying it back.

Anyway, with any luck vdS will stay with Ajax and Rio gets the job so everyone's a winner. Well, maybe not everyone, United will mostly lose (on and off the pitch).

If they miss out on CL football again that's around £80m in TV and qualifying revenue they're missing, plus £40m or so they lose from the Adidas deal
The rags are already streamlining wages and the Glazer family aren't going to give up their bonus'

Looking at how much it's just cost for a right back and centre half, its going to take another £500m and I don't believe they have anything like the funds available or the pulling power to attract top quality players

I get what you're saying but I still think they would still easily afford what it would take to start turning things around - just think of all those noodles they help shift...
If it really came to it the Glazers could sell some more shares (the second class ones of course) or take out a loan. Again. After all, they won't be the ones paying it back.

Anyway, with any luck vdS will stay with Ajax and Rio gets the job so everyone's a winner. Well, maybe not everyone, United will mostly lose (on and off the pitch).

Weird that this conversation is going on in both United threads, but they have the money to spend whatever they like. Revenues over £600m, £130m+ profit in the past 3 years and EBITDA of £190m expected this year, it's almost as if the FFP rules were designed and brought in to make sure they'd always be miles ahead of the pack financially...

Do they have the pulling power? Well look at the Dybala situation this year. He demanded such insane amounts of money to join that even they couldn't justify it on top of £100m in transfer fees. So that's probably fading, but it's probably a bit of a unique situation in that he was a top player who was being flogged by his club but didn't want to leave, which doesn't happen often.

It's important we enjoy United being shit right now and don't take it for granted, because with a few competent people in charge or a mood change at the Glazers, they could go from laughably irrelevant to our biggest rivals in a very short space of time, especially if Pep doesn't extend his contract.

I thought the Dybala transfer fell through because of issues around image rights, and that Spurs struggled with the same thing?

Weird that this conversation is going on in both United threads, but they have the money to spend whatever they like. Revenues over £600m, £130m+ profit in the past 3 years and EBITDA of £190m expected this year, it's almost as if the FFP rules were designed and brought in to make sure they'd always be miles ahead of the pack financially...

Do they have the pulling power? Well look at the Dybala situation this year. He demanded such insane amounts of money to join that even they couldn't justify it on top of £100m in transfer fees. So that's probably fading, but it's probably a bit of a unique situation in that he was a top player who was being flogged by his club but didn't want to leave, which doesn't happen often.

It's important we enjoy United being shit right now and don't take it for granted, because with a few competent people in charge or a mood change at the Glazers, they could go from laughably irrelevant to our biggest rivals in a very short space of time, especially if Pep doesn't extend his contract.

Totally agree unfortunately. I've said it for a while to the Utd fans I can bear to talk to, that they will, at some point, come good, for exactly the same reasons that other fans slag us i.e. they will spend enormous amounts of money just to compete and will eventually get it right.

As you mention, they can of course, due to the way it's rigged, outspend everyone else!

My only hope is that the day they get it right, is after I've gone. As I'm only 51, another post Busby type era will do very nicely thank you!!

Very true and if the decline continues the income stream will diminish, they may well be past their peak of income, at least for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.