United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I built Carrington when I was at Laings back in 1999. It is a decent facility but a shite depressing location and next to a load of electricity pylons.

Not sure what has been spent on it in the intervening years but it cost 10 million back then.

Things have moved on hugely since then so I would imagine it needs a lot doing to it.

All by yourself?

Are you Popeye?

Just watched all that off the ball interview. It's an eye opener. Neville is a soft twat.

Both Keane and the pisscan are strong, stubborn humans. They break every rule in the book. There can only be one 1 boss though.

The more I watch stuff like this the better I feel. It's going to be years before they are anywhere close to us.

Both Keane and the pisscan are strong,

Nope, the pisscan is a sly, manipulative bully. When he was at the rags he used money and a position of authority to intimidate others to get what he wanted.

To me, Keane comes across like a street-fighter, he'll have a go no matter the opposition, for that I'll give him respect (grudgingly). He'll sit in a studio and tell it how it is, regardless if it offends any of the snowflake pundits sitting next to him. Fair play to him. He can express his opinion with clarity and articulation - of sorts. I get the impression with him that he would be equally content to discuss something in a calm and rational manner, or just kick the living fuck out of you, whatever. But people like the Pisscan do not have the intelligence to choose between option A or option B, simply because for him option A doesn't exist. People either agree with him or they're out, the end. No two-ways about it. He probably sees compromise as failure. I'm no psychology student, but it might be something about his background: growing up in a tough, working class neighbourhood, who knows?
But as I say, the Pisscan does not have the intelligence to communicate in an adult fashion. Not a chance.
When he was plugging his book I saw him on Channel 4 news being interviewed by Jon Snow, and you could tell at times that he was struggling to keep his temper under check. Every time Jon Snow asked a question that he didn't appear to understand, instead of seeking clarity, he seemed to tense up, narrow his eyes in classic Lee van Cleef style, and generally try to intimidate the man opposite - except the man opposite was Jon Snow, a professional television presenter, a well educated and erudite man who has crossed verbal swords with the best of them throughout his career and always emerged victoriously.

The pisscan got away with what he did for so many years because he was under the protection of the club he represented: and like all bullies, once the protection is removed they run scared. Whatever else he may be, strong he is not

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/20-most-expensive-squads.450479/

Christ almost 40 replies to that thread and they've not clocked on to the fact its valuation not money spent.
A cynical man may say their child like petulant approach to the issue is bitter. I have enjoyed the supreme amounts of flapping and mental bullshittery happening there though. The widening gap in considerations given for any argument are becoming wilder which ofc lends it's self to us peeping toms getting a good giggle. For example Pep is a drug pushing (onto the players) cheat who only takes the easy jobs. Whilst in the same breathe will say comments like "Building a solid squad is hard, Mourinho could not do it and he spent loads".

Not direct quotes but you hopefully get what i mean. It is bloody funny either way :-D

Talksport (I know) reckon they are ready to blow another £90m, this time on Rice from WHU in January. All I'll say is for that money they won't have many competitors. £90m hahahahaha

Talksport (I know) reckon they are ready to blow another £90m, this time on Rice from WHU in January. All I'll say is for that money they won't have many competitors. £90m hahahahaha

Can we start a rumour that we are willing to go 100 mil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.