Away tickets

Your posts are a bit of an oasis of sense and decency on this thread. I am not on the wind up. I do believe there is a need for change - perhaps even to go so far as a ballot. I think that the highest points holder are probably Sean Riley and his wife. He last missed a City match before some people on here were born and he never boasts about it and certainly not in the way some on here do. My views have been influenced by the attitudes of the Ticket Point Royalty . I think it is appalling the way Colin Savage a former mod was criticised on here to the extent that he used words he might have regretted in his own defence. He still gets stick from the same old same old people on here. The reality is that the club will do only what suits them no matter what the CM reps say or do.

It is not always practical for people to wait to see if there are any crumbs - it is not always predictable that tickets will go at any particular point and on the semi final, we definitely have a Wembley fatigue and it just wasn't the novelty for us as it is for Brighton and then Watford.

The amnesty was certainly discussed by City staff and the CM and I think they are looking for a delicate way to deal with those who have taken over tickets and their points. Not a wind up, I promise you.

I was against Platinum in principle and that is the main reason I fell behind. The away matches I was able to go attracted 20 points whilst someone in the next seat got 40. It was considered for dropping this season by the club significant a revenue stream and might therefore remain. A lot of other things have been considered for implementation but it was thought that they should not all be brought in at once. It will be interesting to see what system they have in 20 years.

I'm not entirely sure if Sean is you know, I seem to remember at the time when Platinum came him that he stayed on Gold - I could be wrong. I've posted this before, but in the main those with higher points do not want to boast and give it the "I'm a bigger fan than you", as I've said before, we're just wired up differently. We find it agonising to miss a game. I'm in no way a "bigger" City fan than my Dad but he's never had the interest in going here there and everywhere, whereas it's been part of my make up as an adult.

Thing is with Colin is his role within CM was to represent season ticket holders, but he is also a member of an OSC and has benefited from getting tickets through his OSC for high profile games. Without going too into my past amongst City's support, I learnt about 7 years ago that if people know your name then you're going to get sniped at by supporters, people are going to think your a prick just because they know your name. Colin made himself a target with this CM role (anyone who took it would have had the same) and because he's got an army of City fans on here willing to lick his arse due to well worded responses and articles regarding FFP and the financial aspect of City etc. he probably had no idea that he would face any backlash. Some of what was said to him was out of order, but he struggled to rise above it. He even gave me a load of shit on Twitter because I dared to question something regarding these changes.

Going to away games is a habit, if you fall out of the habit you'll see people don't even know how to find the criteria on the City website (check the Preston away thread). You see it all the time that people think they "can't" get tickets for certain games due to where the criteria starts. The City Twitter account might have for example Leicester away starting at 23k and you'll get the response from someone "how on earth has anyone got these points!!ONE!?" But they never check to see if it keeps going down... and keeps going down... and keeps going down til the point of 8 league games going to general sale last season. People do have the chance but it's just not in their mindset to get it done most of the time. I go with 3 other lads and we're all over the Virgin Train website the second the fixture changes get announced so we can book our trains for a London away for example.

not possible as only one ticket per supporters number
I meant a supporter could possibly obtain a ticket via corporate, his branch or ticket points. So he asks for two tickets for corporate, if he /she doesn't get any via that route he / she could obtain via the branch or via points.

If it went to a ballot system would people who've paid £50 a year for Platinum be entitled to their money back?

Your posts are a bit of an oasis of sense and decency on this thread. I am not on the wind up. I do believe there is a need for change - perhaps even to go so far as a ballot. I think that the highest points holder are probably Sean Riley and his wife. He last missed a City match before some people on here were born and he never boasts about it and certainly not in the way some on here do. My views have been influenced by the attitudes of the Ticket Point Royalty . I think it is appalling the way Colin Savage a former mod was criticised on here to the extent that he used words he might have regretted in his own defence. He still gets stick from the same old same old people on here. The reality is that the club will do only what suits them no matter what the CM reps say or do.

It is not always practical for people to wait to see if there are any crumbs - it is not always predictable that tickets will go at any particular point and on the semi final, we definitely have a Wembley fatigue and it just wasn't the novelty for us as it is for Brighton and then Watford.

The amnesty was certainly discussed by City staff and the CM and I think they are looking for a delicate way to deal with those who have taken over tickets and their points. Not a wind up, I promise you.

I was against Platinum in principle and that is the main reason I fell behind. The away matches I was able to go attracted 20 points whilst someone in the next seat got 40. It was considered for dropping this season by the club significant a revenue stream and might therefore remain. A lot of other things have been considered for implementation but it was thought that they should not all be brought in at once. It will be interesting to see what system they have in 20 years.
Truth is money talks. 50 quid was well worth paying to catch and overtake poor people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.