Vincent Kompany testimonial

Scholes was great in the second half once everyone slowed down to his pace. The game passed him by a bit when people were fresh.

I remember Joe Corrigan's testimonial - only 8,000 turned up (the opposition didn't help - Werder Bremen). So to get 51,000 is just awesome.

yeah it was a bad turn out for big joe ?? i think he may have left for brighton in the summer or season before, and knowing city and swales cooking the books you could add 10.000 to any maine road gates hahahaha

i just think manchester city are now big enough to demand a good crowd for a testimonial/charity game and it should be something the club should be doing more of ??? and like i said david silva next season should be a full house, even messi and ronaldo could come over and play in the little magic feet silva testimonial game

Great turnout from the fans. Pity there was so many no shows on the pitch for various reasons. Just off the top of my head, missing from the advertised city side was Pantilimon, clichy kolarov Bridge Dunne Milner dzeko and Mario and probably just as many from the other side too.

Felt a bit tight on the replacement players coming on who nobody had heard of which I’m only now hearing were supposedly Anderlecht youngsters. we wasn’t informed in the ground of who they were and were totally perplexed. and whilst on the subject of announcements it annoyed the hell out of me that they didn’t bother to announce the two teams before kick off, would have saved everybody 10 minutes trying to work out who everyone is.

Was an enjoyable night but In all honesty, as exhibition games go it wasn’t as exciting as it could and probably should have been with the players on display, Ireland and Toure from our retired players impressed me the most. I also saw the best corners from a city player this season via petrov. I didn’t know you were allowed to go over the first man nowadays.

don’t like to say this but carragher is still a top class defender, weirdly, he probably got the most abuse out of anybody tonight too but took it well though to be fair. Rvp’s goal was top quality and fair play to the ex rags and other hate figures for turning up knowing they’d get abuse. and that’s about all the complimenting I can muster for them.
I think there's so little spare time in every player's schedules these days it's no wonder some have to cancel at late notice. Perhaps the first half could have been City U18s vs Anderlecht U18s then the legends second half. Enjoyed it myself, mind. A great cause and nice to see all the old players in blue again.

great show and great turn out, the result was never in questioned unlike the numpty united fans behind me getting all giddy like it was the champions league final ?? and i kid you not they kicked the seats when the city X11 scored to make it 2.2 and walk out quick time hhahahaha

The game was a bit boring at points but absolutely loved it tonight. Seeing Vassell, Benjani, petrov Ireland and Micah on the pitch made me feel really nostalgic and brought back memories of Hamburg in the Europa. Thought Ireland did a brilliant shop window job. Toure was ace, SWP surprisingly poor. Funny moment for me was when petrov made that killer pass to Bellamy, only for him to run in the complete opposite direction.

Great night, I love City

I think there's so little spare time in every player's schedules these days it's no wonder some have to cancel at late notice. Perhaps the first half could have been City U18s vs Anderlecht U18s then the legends second half. Enjoyed it myself, mind. A great cause and nice to see all the old players in blue again.

its easy to fit in when the internationals are on because most are retired from that level and the old guard X11 are not hard to roll them up for a game, also just having a knock about gives the players a chance to have a 20 run out, yes great idea about a 45 min game and 2 mini games even have a all star team of celebrities and even a band play at half time somebody like noel gallagher

Great night. Reckon Scholes could play for us now and not look out of place. Arteta too. Loved seeing Petrov and Benjani score. Well done Vinny

51,000 - wow. Great to meet up with some blue moon characters. Match was a bit meh but that was not the issue.

Well done vinny and thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.