******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t Labuschagne glove that Broad delivery down the leg side? I’m surprised they didn’t appeal. There was a loud noise.

Eh? Toe end of the bat. The forward and back views won't give an answer but there was a clear sound which the umpire should be taking into account.

It was close, but I don’t think it hit it. The sound could have been a spike of his shoe scratching the pitch.

The timing of the sound spike and ball close to the bat wasn’t right.

This is the problem VAR is getting into with offsides, frame rates and all that. The next frame might show contact in the shadow but there might not even be a frame showing the contact. The sound sounded like wood vs leather and that's been the deciding factor for quite some time. The spike in UltraEdge being out of synch with the picture could be down to exactly that - misbehaving technology - there was one earlier in the series where it was obvious the sound and picture weren't exactly aligned.

This is the problem VAR is getting into with offsides, frame rates and all that. The next frame might show contact in the shadow but there might not even be a frame showing the contact. The sound sounded like wood vs leather and that's been the deciding factor for quite some time. The spike in UltraEdge being out of synch with the picture could be down to exactly that - misbehaving technology - there was one earlier in the series where it was obvious the sound and picture weren't exactly aligned.

It took ages to get the ultra edge technology for that review too. It’s like VAR as you say as the umpires can show their reasoning, but if the technology isn’t 100% correct, then the whole decision is iffy.

To all those at the oval. Have a lovely rest of Friday in the company of smithy. Say hi from me. I had a great day with him last Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.