******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post, telling it like it is. Hasn't Denly's knock in this one put a bit of a gloss on his overall performance in the series, though?
Worrying that we've got no spinner who's performing properly. You can't have a rounded team with no spinner. Lyon's passed a bit under the the radar, but look how useful he's been to the Aussies to provide a bit of variation, and shake things up. He's also capable of knocking up a carefree 25 or 30 at the end of an innings, and that is a mightily useful thing in tight matches.
The brightest lights in this England team gave been Archer and Stokes. Everybody else needs to take a look at themselves.
Lyon's been very underwhelming for them (Edgbaston aside), which has surprised me. I think he's averaging around 35 with the ball and he really should have dominated on Day 5 at Old Trafford.
Maybe this says much about the pitches and the lack of turn or the lack of bounce and pace to bring the spinner into the game.
Leech seems a nice guy and has become a bit of a cult hero, but as @Nightmare Walking said he 'looks a steadie Eddie.'
Matty Parkinson has the potential to be a game changer, but he's young and needs overs under his bel, although I'd be tempted to take him to South Africa for the second part of the winter.
Rashid is basically a 'white ball' cricketer. I remember Kumar Sangakkara basically saying he had the potential to bowl a magic ball but he delivered too many four balls, so was fairly easy to play.
The spin department like the batting line-up must be a huge concern for the selectors.
Basically we are at team of middle order batsmen and a decent bowling attack. That in a nutshell aint gonna get you the scores to win many test matches against the top sides, although this Aussie seam attack is top notch. Be interesting to see how they go against Boult, Southee, Ferguson and Wagner.

I think Burns has been fantastic. The Aussies probably have the best new ball attain the world and he has done very well during this series against them. He needs a long term partner and I don’t think Denly is the answer.

All out for 329
Aussie's need 399
jnWB6QD.jpg

and he hates cricket!

Warne: “you’re worried, you’re worried aren’t you”

Clonk *bails and wicket wheel into the air*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.