Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
From THAT report, I have absolutely NO IDEA if I am to be offended or not, because all that is said is that he got “racially abused” after scoring a penalty and a fan ran on the pitch towards the ref!????

Did they remove the racially offensive part? Did they throw bananas? Call him the N word! Monkey chants! What???

Have we become SO sensitive that reading “Joe was racially abused” that we are disgusted by the mere words “racially abused” now? If so, I’m more than a little saddened, because I am being asked to simply accept the author’s determination of what is and isn’t completely offensive. I’m not going to do it.

I’m absolutely certain it must have been a significant thing, as the article goes on to say the managers discussed removing the players, but FOR WHAT I have no idea.

Rubbish. There is absolutely no need to write what exactly they were doing. They and million other papers wrote that he was racially abused, nobody from either team that were there challenged that, even players from home team cnfronted their fans, so why the fuck they need to write what exactly happened? To give idea to some other **** to repeat it? Or it is about fake news and lamestream media, snowflakes and that stuff?

Where it will get lost!

This is totally justified as a thread and needs to be discussed openly not hidden away.
As someone who is tired of fake outrage garbage culture, if Benjamin Mendy is laughing and having no issue with the tweet, then why should anyone else. This is just two good friends giving each other some shit. No racism here, Jesus. More overreaction from the outraged idiots.

But it wasn’t just between two good mates... he involved the world, many of whichever would have been offended. So it was offensive and racist. Hence deleted. I love Bernardo, but arguing “you can’t have a joke between mates these days” is fucking dumb. He put it on twitter. If he wants to joke between mates, just WhatsApp him like a normal person.

Bit confused here. Is it acceptable to post it or not (whether it's on Twitter, WhatsApp or any other social media app)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.