#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our left side is significantly less creative than our right-hand side at present. I'd prefer having Sterling with Mendy/Angelino, Zinchenko and Sterling currently isn't working.

I said Bernardo should start ahead of him as LW, but many suggested that Sterling should since he is the best winger City have.

I am big fan of Sterling as RW, OK with him as CF, but not a big fan when he plays on the left regardless of how many goals does he score there.

The whole team needs to wake up not just Sterling, he ended his mini drought yesterday so that should give him confidence for next wk.

The whole team needs to wake up not just Sterling, he ended his mini drought yesterday so that should give him confidence for next wk.
He doesn’t get in the team against Wolves next week for me. His Prem form isn’t good enough. I’d be starting the same team that beat Watford.

I’m going to go against the grain here and say you let a top player play through a slump. He’s too good of a player to need a wake up call. Benching him compounds the pressure when he comes back. If the average form drags on then you rotate him. We don’t have another LW to fill in at his quality anyway. You can call for Jesus but his future isn’t as LW so that’s a waste trying to develop him there. He needs to keep developing in his natural position at CF. It’s a serious problem with Sane injured.

I’m going to go against the grain here and say you let a top player play through a slump. He’s too good of a player to need a wake up call. Benching him compounds the pressure when he comes back. If the average form drags on then you rotate him. We don’t have another LW to fill in at his quality anyway. You can call for Jesus but his future isn’t as LW so that’s a waste trying to develop him there. He needs to keep developing in his natural position at CF. It’s a serious problem with Sane injured.
That's all well and good whilst we are still picking up the points.

Just needs a proper rest he’s now carrying England which will have an impact.

He doesn’t get in the team against Wolves next week for me. His Prem form isn’t good enough. I’d be starting the same team that beat Watford.
The Wolves game is a tougher match than Watford so Pep may give Raheem 60 mins, we all know he can do something special, we have to wait n see but I think he'll start.

Simply not the same on the left-not natural for him-ends up taking too many touches, comes inside too often instead of driving outside. Doing his best until Leroy comes back and always a goal threat though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.