Zagreb fans behaviour

trevorriley

Don't get me wrong, I like to have noise and a bouncing atmosphere at a game, I look forward to seeing some of the euro utlras coming to the Etihad. But the way the Zagreb fans behaved at times was another level.

It seems the fans will get away with behaviour such as, ripping seats up to throw, spitting from tier two on to our fans, throwing anything they could get their hands on including beer bottles ( can only hope it was beer in them ), standing and balancing right on the edge of tier two over hanging. Half time really took the p**s when all over the away end Zagreb fans stood there lighting cigarettes up and smoking next to security. Not so often we see riot police at a game lining both sides of away end.

What will UEFA do ? Nothing ?

Any body see more going on, seems from post match threads the Zagreb fans did what they wanted.

UEFA will do jack shit.

I've little doubt though one of our players wore the wrong type of compression shirt or we where late out by 30 seconds so you can expect a nice big fat fine for that.

Don't get me wrong, I like to have noise and a bouncing atmosphere at a game, I look forward to seeing some of the euro utlras coming to the Etihad. But the way the Zagreb fans behaved at times was another level.

It seems the fans will get away with behaviour such as, ripping seats up to throw, spitting from tier two on to our fans, throwing anything they could get their hands on including beer bottles ( can only hope it was beer in them ), standing and balancing right on the edge of tier two over hanging. Half time really took the p**s when all over the away end Zagreb fans stood there lighting cigarettes up and smoking next to security. Not so often we see riot police at a game lining both sides of away end.

What will UEFA do ? Nothing ?

Any body see more going on, seems from post match threads the Zagreb fans did what they wanted.
Fuck me they were like performing monkeys last night being orchestrated from the front of the stand. I find it all a bit false To be honest. I know we’re not the noisiest fans but we’re knowledgeable about the game and spontaneous in our support of City, surely the way we support our team is the right way.

I have been to many Euro away grounds where I cant see the pitch properly because of the netting, perhaps City need to start doing that after last nights disgraceful behaviour from yobs. It is time we stopped scummy idiots endangering our fans and players.

Fuck me they were like performing monkeys last night being orchestrated from the front of the stand. I find it all a bit false. I know we’re not the noisiest fans but we’re knowledgeable about the game and spontaneous in our support of City, surely the way we support our team is the right way.

Agreed, while I would like more noise and to be fair the last two home PL games in 114 / 115 / 116 / 117 / kippax areas have been excellent, last night was repetitive. More than any other group of fans it seemed as though they didn't react at all to what was going on at the game. Felt like they weren't even watching the game. Response to a moment in a game is far better.

UEFA are masters of dodging issues they don't want to tackle.

Anything outside of the ground and they wash there hands with it - say it's not for them. But then things go on inside and they don't act either. The reality is that what Zagreb brought last night is standard behavior in many Eastern European / Italian grounds every week. UEFA are not arsed. You wonder what gets said around paying for the damage - there must be clubs that leave a trail of destruction everywhere they go. You would think some discussion is going on at some level around why it should be tolerated. A simple ban on away fans that cause damage to stadiums would be very easy to implement and give it a few years it would work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.