Holidays abroad.

Cape Verde on Monday for a week.

First proper holiday of the year, can’t wait.

I'm confused, been to Spain several times with a US passport, had no problems whatsoever. What does everone think will make it a problem with the whole brexit debacle, they're still going to want tourist revenue.

I'm confused, been to Spain several times with a US passport, had no problems whatsoever. What does everone think will make it a problem with the whole brexit debacle, they're still going to want tourist revenue.

I'd imagine that's because Spain and the US have an agreement re immigration entry for tourists. I bet people from Cameroon can't just walk into Spain with no problems. Point being without agreed legislation people can't just assume everything will be okay, Spain will have to pass legislation for Brits visiting, as will Britain for Spaniards. Same for all European countries post Brexit. I know because I'm working in another European country and we're having crisis visa discussions for post Brexit applications (I realise that's to work) as we don't know whether the Brits will have to leave, apply and then re-enter...

At the moment we can travel to and from the EU as if we were a Schenghen signatory when in fact we aren’t. That means a cursory look at your passport and waved through.

After a no deal brexit Operation Yellowhammer says we will introduce passport checks and questions to every tourist entering the UK. This is likely to be a passport stamp and questions about why they are here and for how long.

it is expected that EU countries will do the same.

This could mean for single plane of Ryanair tourists arriving at an airport with one non EU passport control taking 5 hours to clear all passengers.

Alicante is expected to be the worst hit airport due to the number of UK flights it takes each day.

basically getting into the EU will be just like getting into the US, a bloody nightmare.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politi...no-deal-brexit-affect-brits-travelling-europe

Prague, Sofia next week.
Kosovo next month.
Zagreb December.
Australia, Singapore January.
Various European Cities June.

At the moment we can travel to and from the EU as if we were a Schenghen signatory when in fact we aren’t. That means a cursory look at your passport and waved through.

After a no deal brexit Operation Yellowhammer says we will introduce passport checks and questions to every tourist entering the UK. This is likely to be a passport stamp and questions about why they are here and for how long.

This could mean for single plane of Ryanair tourists arriving at an airport with one non EU passport control taking 5 hours to clear all passengers.

Alicante is expected to be the worst hit airport due to the number of UK flights it takes each day.

basically getting into the EU will be just like getting into the US, a bloody nightmare.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politi...no-deal-brexit-affect-brits-travelling-europe

Never had much of a problem getting into the US. Salt Lake was a doddle. As was Kansas. And Baltimore. The trick is to fly to a big one and connect somewhere else.

Just the way it used to be and never took anything like that long. Was never a problem getting into EU countries before and I doubt it will be much different after Brexit (if it ever happens).

My wife in a non-EU national and it doesn't really take her much longer to go through passport control than it takes me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.