Bernardo Silva charged with misconduct by FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile Leeds' goalkeeper racially abuses an opposing player on the pitch at the weekend and nobody cares.

How old is Bernie? When did the character 'change'?

More than likely Bernie has eaten these things since childhood and seen the changes.
No ones complaining about the white chocolate caricature. Is that because it's ok to take the piss out of white people . I'd hate to ask Gaz what is favourite sweet was.

Who decides on over stepping the mark ?
A line manager in the first instance, but ultimately I guess its the CEO, though I would imagine HR/Legal advise him. Thing is don't do it, you can't overstep.

What I do in my private life is not open to scrutiny, because I keep it private, footballers could do this, many of ours do it already, but a few are public, and as this episode has shown, one small mistake can be very costly to the person.

I feel very sorry for Bernardo over this, and I expect he's hurting every time he reads about it, but ultimately its his own fault for not keeping it private.

Was Bernardo directly racist? No
Could someone perceive it as racist if they take it out of context (I’m assuming less than 1% of people had heard of this brand before this whole escapade)? Yes
Was there any malice? No
Do people have the right to be offended? Yes
Do I think these people have overreacted? Yes

This whole episode has been about “edgy banter”. Sure it should have been kept private, but the amount of bollocks that has been spouted as a result of this has been mental. I just wish I’d have known as I’d have bought shares in that company.

It’s utter bollox, we live in a multicultural society to me this just spreads racial inharmony, people I know are proud of their origins, my Nigerian neighbour would probably be pissed of if I described him as the beige bloke next door and rightfully so.
Love thy neighbour

A line manager in the first instance, but ultimately I guess its the CEO, though I would imagine HR/Legal advise him. Thing is don't do it, you can't overstep.

What I do in my private life is not open to scrutiny, because I keep it private, footballers could do this, many of ours do it already, but a few are public, and as this episode has shown, one small mistake can be very costly to the person.

I feel very sorry for Bernardo over this, and I expect he's hurting every time he reads about it, but ultimately its his own fault for not keeping it private.
Ultimately someone of a particular political, social persuasion with perhaps differing sensibilities is deciding on your freedom of expression. If it is illegal fair enough but this isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.