Another transitional season? No.

Next year
Front 5 covered

Bernardo Kev, Foden, Kun
Mahrez. Jesus. Sane, Raheem

CDM covered Rodrigo, Gundog, Dinho

The problem is what to do with defence.

Mendy not fit for purpose. Zinchenko decent back up. So new LB needed.

RB covered.

Otamendi needs to move on.
Stones is the conundrum.
Laporte, Stones, Garcia and a new CB.

So 2 purchases. The rest we already have.

Next year
Front 5 covered

Bernardo Kev, Foden, Kun
Mahrez. Jesus. Sane, Raheem

CDM covered Rodrigo, Gundog, Dinho

The problem is what to do with defence.

Mendy not fit for purpose. Zinchenko decent back up. So new LB needed.

RB covered.

Otamendi needs to move on.
Stones is the conundrum.
Laporte, Stones, Garcia and a new CB.

So 2 purchases. The rest we already have.

Only on the basis that we’ve spent £110m on right backs. If we look at the actual players, we have Walker who is not fit for purpose and we have Cancelo who looks promising but the jury is still well and truly out on him.

The full back conundrum at the club is quite incredible when you consider the money spent.

Maybe Chelsea is having a transitional season giving lot of playing time to the likes who has no top football experience yet but could be part of their future.
We dont do anything like that.

Our plan was to continue like last season as we won 14 in a row during the run in. But Laporte got injured, Sane got injured, the aging players are, well, aging...

There won't be any point in continuing to play the older players once we are out of the title challenge. We are not out yet. We have to win both games with Liverpool which would be a hard task, especially without Eric at Anfield. But not impossible.

Only on the basis that we’ve spent £110m on right backs. If we look at the actual players, we have Walker who is not fit for purpose and we have Cancelo who looks promising but the jury is still well and truly out on him.

The full back conundrum at the club is quite incredible when you consider the money spent.
I agree but only the old Milan had a defence with no weaknesses.
And given the way we play defensively the CBs need to be brilliant.

This is not a transitional season, we signed just two players and pounced on the opportunity to bring one back as insurance, ones started like he’s been here for years and ones beginning to bed in slowly, there’s nothing to transition. this is the season where we are supposed to back up last seasons achievements and dominate on all fronts. We’ve got 3 key players over 30, it’s hardly the entire team. If anything, next season will be a transitional season when we lose our greatest ever player, likely lose Fernandinho who has been a colossus for us and have to start to manage Aguero’s minutes.

No chance. We’re unfortunate with injuries at the moment but come Feb/March/April when (fingers crossed) everyone’s fit, we should be focusing on Europe. For now we just need to hang in there with Liverpool, even though I think it’s gone.

Not sure what's your point. We have enough talent in the team. 3-4 new signings and we are fine. Aguero might still be available as a squad player next season. If we keep Sane, we won't need new attackers. Some of the players loaned out might become a squad player. It's not like Liverpool's squad players are top players. And they're doing quite well.
Go back...you are now arguing MY POSITION TO ME!!!

So, we have 11 players and NO ONE to back them up???
No, we have Bernardo, Foden, DeBruyne, Rodri, Sterling, Sane , Jesus, Mahrez all with 4 plus years ahead of them Probably need cover when Aguero and Fernandinho leaves . Otamendi needs replacing so maybe 2 replacements next summer for Otamendi and Fernandinho, Aguero replacement the summer after.

Personally, I think we'll be fantastic once Eric and Sane come back. What's more, I expect that we will play our best football since Pep has joined. It might be late for the title but hopefully we will win the CL this time around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.