United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think today is not the day for us gloating, people in glass houses and all that, and bear in mind we lost to Newcastle last season, as much as I despise the rags I would be more concerned about us than them, we have dropped 8 points already and not even to a decent team

I think today is not the day for us gloating, people in glass houses and all that, and bear in mind we lost to Newcastle last season, as much as I despise the rags I would be more concerned about us than them, we have dropped 8 points already and not even to a decent team
Yeah, but......

Not sure it's gloating as we were piss poor today, but watching the rag rabble was truly eye opening . They are shite all over the pitch and absolutely clueless methodically - not surprising seeing as OGS is so fucking far out of his depth.

United are back to earth with the rest of the footballing world, they had unquestionably a run with Fergie who many forget was one game away from the sack, before him united were shit sacking manager after manager like they are now. The so called united way was not that it was the Fergie way, that has gone they are back to the 70/80s united and it’s brilliant, I just hope we can claw back this title. Us to win it over the scousers and the possibility of them been bottom half, dare I dream relegated would cap a glorious period in our time.

451wA05.gif

Bwahahahahahahahah, love it hehe.

There's a more serious (for them) element to their decline. In the recent investors call covering their accounts for the year to June 2019, Woodward said that not being in the CL this season would mean a loss of revenue for the current financial year. The estimated revenue for the 2020 financial year was in the range £560-580m. If they don't make the CL again next season they lose some commercial income. If they don't even make the EL that'll cost them even more, maybe taking them down to close to £500m for 2021.

The loss of that cash will hurt them badly & they will probably have to sell a couple of their better players to make up the shortfall. I doubt they will be short of candidates to desert the sinking ship if they aren't in Europe at all. The better players, if they get replaced at all, are replaced by cheaper players & the cycle of mediocrity continues.

We, on the other hand, should be reporting just over £560m for 2019, with the Puma deal plus the new PL TV deal kicking in for 2020. That's at least an extra £60m, giving us a revenue of £625m+ next year. That means we overtake them financially, by some distance. That's something I didn't think was ever going to be possible but it's going to happen in 12 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.