Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

Well, lads, I'll say this - if we win the title from here, it will rank as our greatest title of all. But to be honest, I can't see it. One injury too many plus starting the season with only three central defenders, one of whom is injury prone, one (arguably two, but I'm being kind) not that hot, and only one, the injured one, up to organising the defence. KDB's fitness (or lack of it) could be key. Possibly one of the top three in Europe when fit, but no better than me when sat in the stands.

We'll do very well to win the Champions League, for basically the same reasons. Sooner or later we will come up against someone who has the nous to exploit our weaknesses.

Too early to panic, obviously, but Pep and his staff have a lot of work to do. In my view it's time to give Foden and even Garcia more playing time, but you can't expect young lads to work miracles.
Well said, if Pep leads us to any trophies this season in the current circumstances he is truly a genius.

It was bigger when the second went in,and I was one of them,just one of those days
The second goal was a matter of seconds from the final whistle, the first was ten minutes plus five minutes added time from the end , the exodus after the first goal shows how many fair weather supporters we have . We’ve been blessed to watch unbelievable football and won trophy after trophy but the first sign of the team struggling and huge numbers fuck off like moody teenagers having phones confiscated by parents .

Indeed, hindsight is a wonderful thing, but it’s the hindsight that we learn from. We’ve all been saying for weeks that the midfield of Rodri Gundogan and Silva shouldn’t play together again after the Norwich game. Yet Pep did it yesterday.

I was on the Met when I saw the team announced on my phone and in my head the song “hello hello hello, we’ve got the slowest midfield in the world” (to the Pep and Arteta Treble chant) popped up.
Spot-on. We said before the game yesterday that was the slowest line-up we have started with for years. Bernardo has to play number 8 when KDB is out and yesterday was a day for Foden. In the last two seasons we have destroyed teams with our pace. I know he had a mare but I would have kept Walker on and bunged him into midfield just for his speed. To be fair though Pep probably played Gundogan and Rodri to try and protect Otto and Ferdy. He has no choice now but to take a gamble on Harwood Bellis and Garcia who were superb against Preston.

Well, lads, I'll say this - if we win the title from here, it will rank as our greatest title of all. But to be honest, I can't see it. One injury too many plus starting the season with only three central defenders, one of whom is injury prone, one (arguably two, but I'm being kind) not that hot, and only one, the injured one, up to organising the defence. KDB's fitness (or lack of it) could be key. Possibly one of the top three in Europe when fit, but no better than me when sat in the stands.

We'll do very well to win the Champions League, for basically the same reasons. Sooner or later we will come up against someone who has the nous to exploit our weaknesses.

Too early to panic, obviously, but Pep and his staff have a lot of work to do. In my view it's time to give Foden and even Garcia more playing time, but you can't expect young lads to work miracles.

The two centre halves can be got at, even better teams will expose that weakness. Love Rodri he is going to be a fantastic player, however have we lost a big cog in our system by not having Fernandinho playing there? He shields the back four and he dictates the press in how he smashes into people to get the ball back.

The two centre halves can be got at, even better teams will expose that weakness. Love Rodri he is going to be a fantastic player, however have we lost a big cog in our system by not having Fernandinho playing there? He shields the back four and he dictates the press in how he smashes into people to get the ball back.
Ferdy is a huge miss in his usual position. I wonder if we could get Kante from Chelsea. He seems to be back to his best. Not many out there who can do what Ferdy used to do for us. I think Rodri is great when he sits at the back but yesterday showed he can't do that box to box job when we attack. For example Jorghino is doing well this year for Lampard but wasn't mobile enough for Sarri. Another possibility is Bernardo. Didn't he play defensive midfield superbly at Anfield last season? He can do both roles.

You have to start blooding them though, give them a run in the side. Foden can be no less effective than Gundogan, I'm not sure what Gundogan brings to this side full stop. We need energy in that Midfield Foden has to be the answer to that.

Didn't I read somewhere that Pep's wife and one of his kids have returned to Barcelona. Perhaps it's having an effect on his Majesty? How else can you explain Silva & Gundog starting together? He appears to be losing his marbles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.