Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

The other thing I would say, is that Otamendi has to defend better than he did today. Pep is right in that we don't generally concede the counter attacks and our build up was slow so put the 2 centre backs in positions we should never be in. But it happens, and on the minimal occasion it does he can't go to ground like he does. He has to stay on his feet. I don't think we concede that first goal if Laporte is there instead.

Firstly well done to Wolves. Excellent away performance and thoroughly deserved to win.

We were fucking horrendous and anyone who thinks we will go on a long winning run with this defence is deluded. If we don’t score early and first we are fucked. They could easily have been 3-0 up at half time. Shocking gaps at the back. Otamendi is wank. Absolutely terrible player.

Cancelo at Left back? Oh dear.

Fernandinho is not a central defender.

The midfield was too slow. Rodri dithering on the ball, passing from all was poor. The wide players did nothing. Sterling is having poor game after poor game at the moment in the Prem. Aguero isolated.

The subs were poor too.

He has to start trusting Garcia now because Otamendi can’t play again. He is a liability.

As for the Gundogan/Silva combo- it doesn’t work against teams that close down and work hard as Wolves did.

Shocking result and poor all round including Pep.

can someone tell me why we didn't get a centre back in the summer, we had four last season, our first choice pair - Kompany and Laporte, one of those left and we didn't replace, of the other three, Stones has been injury prone (still is), talk was Otamendi was leaving, it was criminal that we didn't strengthen. The injuries since have compounded that cock-up and now we are suffering more by moving players out of position to fill gaps.

Was already thinking we’re missing to many big players to catch them but that was shocking cos it looked like we’d give up, never thought we would do that
We ain’t winning it this year so get Foden in now every game, I’ve not got big downer on Gundo but I’m afraid I’d swap his and Foden playing time around now
We can’t win it every year boys and girls so for me it’s better to not have a sniff than hoping all season
Weird. You’d rather give up at the start then spend the season hoping from game to game? That’s football. Who the fuck wants to win out right all the time? The suspense is the point of it all. I suspect there’s a few yanks on here.

On a positive note:
1. If there is a time where we have to go 8p behind, it's now, and not january or later.
2. Pep will have to rethink his system and team selection. We'll have even more varied tactics
3. He might be forced to play younger players seeing how shite the older ones are. Don't think E.Garcia could play worse than Ota today.
4. I don't know if this is positive or not but I think we might need to lower our expectations. Liverpool have been on the up for quite some time, while we have achieved 98+ for 2 consecutive seasons. It might have taken a toll above all psychologically on players.
5. Liverpool can't go on forever with the same front 3, though admittedly they are more stable at the back than us which allows grinding out results easier.

I disagree with point 1. As 8 points in early October is a real opportunity and totally unexpected for Liverpool. They can play their game with no pressure as it’s not a case of a “few slips and they let us back in” nervous energy you see from the leading side in Feb, March time. They will be playing it one game at a time without looking towards May, as it’s near the start of the season. All the pressure is on us knowing anymore and it’s double figures as we have effectively given ourselves an 8 point handicap early doors.

I think we are the better side but I if I were to bet on one of us dropping points before we meet it would be us as they are in a good moment both with results and from a mental perspective. We are not and in a bad place with injuries and confidence at the back.

If you offered me now the same gap at Christmas (-8 points but superior points) but Laporte, Sane, Kev back and Anfield done i’d Bite your hand off right now.

i say fuck it, go all in in the champions league
Difficult to go all in on a competition that is 90% luck, 10% skill. Only need to look at past winners to see how much of a shambles the competition is. The dippers lost 4 games and barely made it out of the group stages last season. Madrid won 3 on the trot with a team that was second best to Barcelona domestically. Chelsea were piss poor the season they won it. There’s too much luck involved for a team to completely focus their efforts on it.

Hard to motivate a team to win three titles in a row, especially against a machine like this dipper team. Think we're light in a few positions, notably CB and fullback still even after the investment. Also lacking that hunger for me.

Hunger and desire definitely not present today and been off the boil in other games as well.

Defensively in strife again on the break much the same as in Pep's first season.

I disagree with point 1. As 8 points in early October is a real opportunity and totally unexpected for Liverpool. They can play their game with no pressure as it’s not a case of a “few slips and they let us back in” nervous energy you see from the leading side in Feb, March time. They will be playing it one game at a time without looking towards May, as it’s near the start of the season. All the pressure is on us knowing anymore and it’s double figures as we have effectively given ourselves an 8 point handicap early doors.

I think we are the better side but I if I were to bet on one of us dropping points before we meet it would be us as they are in a good moment both with results and from a mental perspective. We are not and in a good place with injuries and confidence at the back.

If you offered me now the same gap at Christmas (-8 points but superior points) but Laporte, Sane, Kev back and Anfield done i’d Bite your hand off right now.
If Liverpool keep this winning stream going it will be over by Christmas, if so, we have to look to the future and as other have commented , we will see just how good Pep is.

And yet they're only 2 points behind us.
tottenham were close to use last season when we imploaded last december and they finished far behind us chelsea will not finish near us this season infact they probably arent even gonna make top 4

Got to get rid if sentiment, and KDB apart, ship out the sick notes. Wasting salaries and squad places in the likes of Mendy and Stones is stagnating and weakening us
That or send them out with Bear Grylls to toughen up, but they'd probably come back tge same day with splinters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.