• Gundogan

• David Silva

• Bernardo Silva

• Jesus

• Sterling

• Stones

• Foden

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think that was a really good victory today with so many positive takeaways.

Firstly, Palace are a decent team in good form and we made them look very very ordinary. We dominated them in every stat that matters, possession, shots, shots on target etc., and they defended like they were the away team.

Secondly, we played without centre backs and we never missed a beat. The only real defensive issues we had was giving the ball away cheaply in really bad areas but Ferna and Rodri, playing as makeshift centre backs, were never really troubled. Who else would but Pep would play a Premier League game without centre backs - crazy genius!

Thirdly, it must now be clear to everyone who can see that Eddie is the best keeper in the world. He has it all, great with the ball at his feet, brilliant distribution and fantastic shot stopping.

Fourthly, our full backs looked good today (finally). I thought Cancelo was excellent and it’s good to see Mendy looking fit and ready.

It was so good to see KDB back. He makes such a difference to this team. Him and Merlin were great today. Bernie also appears to have his mojo back. He gave their left back nightmares today.

Now, if only we could put a few more of our chances away. It honestly could and should have been six or seven today.

Another thought on today's game , how many chances did we miss ? i can remember at least half a dozen "sitters" , Sterling and Jesus both should have had match balls today and Palace's keeper was head and shoulders their motm , if that had ended up 5-0 or 6-0 Hodgson couldnt have complained , we need to improve our finishing and quickly.

Only caught second half good win was a bit concerned pre match. Thought the non penalty decision on KDB was fucking woeful. Raheem went back to his old shoes laces tied finishing. Rodri and fern looked good at the back but as soon as benteke came on he nearly scores from a header. Silva was very good and a nice return to form, Jesus was excellent. I think we have made a mistake with Mendy.

I had to listen to the radio commentary whilst driving. It sounded like Eddie not only kept us in the game at key moments, but more importantly, kept us in with a chance of staying in touch with Littlewoods. Great result away against a tricky team.

I had to listen to the radio commentary whilst driving. It sounded like Eddie not only kept us in the game at key moments, but more importantly, kept us in with a chance of staying in touch with Littlewoods. Great result away against a tricky team.

He did but it should have been out of sight by then. They didn’t have a shot first half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.