Atalanta CL (H) Post Match Thread

Good performance after we went behind. Prior to their penalty we were all over the place. We created lots of chances and should have scored 7 or 8. Surprisingly/worryingly though, we also gave up a few chances. Well done Sterling, Agüero and Foden. Decent crowd 49,308

We were fortunate to only concede the one goal but our second half display was very encouraging. Whilst they did improve as the game unfolded, Walker and Mendy’s carelessness in possession will be punished by better sides. The Pep/Stones incident was a tad worrying, too.

Even though he tends to going missing on occasion, I thought Foden played well. On another night, he could quite easily have had four assists. The red card was harsh but his pull back for the second yellow was extremely naive.

Sterling has now firmly established himself as one of the best players in the world. We should do everything in our power to ensure that he’s here for the next five years.

Just got back, good result i'm particularly happy with phil and raz performance tonight. Kun looked sharp again.
Onto villa at the weekend come on city!

For once a team came to us and didn't park the bus. Was very impressed with the way they broke and moved the ball. More than a tad physical at times and the ref was card happy whenever we challenged. Young Phil was awesome.

Exceptional tonight , apart from a couple of shaky moments in the first 20 minutes that was an excellent european performance , we tore Atalanta apart in the second half we appear to cruise through the group stages but when the knockout two legged games come along the ref and VAR will absolutely screw us over again

Can see why they have conceded so many this season although I have to say some of their interplay and one-two combinations around the box was very impressive just lacked real quality. I thought we were quite slow, sloppy and ponderous for a large portion of that game until we turned it on, we can get away with it against those kind of opposition but it’s bad habits we need to address quickly before it costs us more ground in the league. Rodri’s injury aside, We have everybody available now that we’re going to have until at least January, it doesn’t fill me with confidence.

A very card happy ref but Foden should have been aware of that danger as soon as he got his first card, a learning curve for him and thankfully it’s not cost us. A shame for him as he now won’t be involved in a game he would likely get minutes in and a shame for the Foden minute counters too as that’s 7 extra minutes he missed out on tonight.

Fair play to their fans tonight, wasn’t anticipating that kind of noise from Italians, didn’t appear to be as orchestrated as what we typically see in the champs league and aside from a select few scummy spitters there was very little trouble from them, was expecting a much more rowdy crowd.

We were fortunate to only concede the one goal but our second half display was very encouraging. Whilst they did improve as the game unfolded, Walker and Mendy’s carelessness in possession will be punished by better sides. The Pep/Stones incident was a tad worrying, too.

Even though he tends to going missing on occasion, I thought Foden played well. On another night, he could quite easily have had four assists. The red card was harsh but his pull back for the second yellow was extremely naive.

Sterling has now firmly established himself as one of the best players in the world. We should do everything in our power to ensure that he’s here for the next five years.

I think he goes missing mostly due to not being picked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.