Aston Villa (H) Post-Match Thread

Just watching NBCSN! They have a fan fest from Austin Texas. More City fans than any other Club and I’ve only seen one Rag shirt.

How times have changed !
Was there last year and there is a large contingent of new and old blues, with some mancs that once worked in Houston (who moved to get away from that horrid place) helping to anchor them, as well.

Great little city.

Villa Ed passing again folks! Big fan of City still and just saying to a friend of mine I don’t think you got out of second gear today and still won convincingly. Really think we deserved a goal but there it is! We won’t play you every week and hopefully we’ll be playing you again next season. All the best for the rest of the season and look forward to welcoming you to Villa Park!
Thanks - think you will do ok this season. Always liked a trip to Villa park.

Playing in second gear it semed today. I still dont think we are clicking anywhere near as much as the last two seasons (though injuries playing a small part in that as well)
At times we were great, at times sloppy.
Iv been hugely critical of Gundogan but he was great today
Mendy still sloppy for me and a weak link.

Sterling is playing on a different level at the moment and him and David Silva link so well together. KDB decent but still not at his best

Great to see Angelino get some minutes today - expect to see him in the cup games and hopefully can put some pressure on Mendy which will be good fo both of them

Villa Ed passing again folks! Big fan of City still and just saying to a friend of mine I don’t think you got out of second gear today and still won convincingly. Really think we deserved a goal but there it is! We won’t play you every week and hopefully we’ll be playing you again next season. All the best for the rest of the season and look forward to welcoming you to Villa Park!
Cheers Ed and you certainly did yourselves proud today.At least you came to play footie and not park the bus,so fair plays to you.
Our son in law is over from Oldbury tomorrow and is a massive Villa fan ... look forward to seeing him. ;)

He’s at it again. He’s making a fucking news story out of it. “Ok gents, can you run us through the timeline of events and explain why the goal should be disallowed.”

The timeline of events!?

Right after the break, Jesus caused the flick-on from Ederson's long kick and Sterling finished sweetly through the keeper's legs. De Bruyne delivered into the box and (I think) Silva's flick made it 2. Fernandinho brilliant touch and almost scored himself, fell to Ilkay to nicely tuck it away. Respect everything the others have done for us but that's my favoured full-back pairing, hope to see a lot more. In fairness to him Gündoğan's really not a natural defender which is where my frustration comes in but I've always enjoyed his passing intelligence, think he does do better as a 6 and even before the goal I appreciated his all-round game. The only negative Fernandinho two yellows, guess it was our fault as I don't see us ever being given the benefit of the doubt in that kinda situation, not great but think we'll be ok. As he was electric as ever will go for Raheem motm, every match these days seems to be a parked bus which isn't the most fun to watch but we're doing the job well.
I can`t believe you think that Villa parked the bus ... seriously ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.