Liverpool (A) - Pre Match Thread

Prediction - Liverpool (A)

• Win

• Lose

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People seem more bothered about who we have missing rather than who we available.

We have the best player in the premier league at present and probably top 5 player in the world with Raheem.

We have a arguably the best striker in the world with Aguero and also the best attacking midfielder in the world with KDP. On top of those we have an array of very good at top quality players to compliment them.
Add Kev to that, and we have the makings of a decent team.

As much as I would love us to steal a win there with a flukey goal I can’t really see it happening due to the amount of injuries we have. The team looks like it met in the car park.
If the dippers do win, I doubt we will ever manage to claw it back. Yes we have a great squad, but it’s ravaged with injuries and indecision and poor game tactics at the moment. As long as we don’t get embarrassed by the vermin at Candlepool, we will just have to take it and move on.
There will be the usual dipper love in media wankfest prior to the game and if they win, it will be unbearable.

Yes, agree with you 100%. A fair summary of the situation we find ourselves in going into this crunch game. If we had a fully fit squad - Sane excepted who was never going to be in the picture for this one - then I might feel confident we could give the Dippers a bloody nose. But we are far from full strength and our second half performance against Atalanta has further dented my hopes. I’m clinging simply and desperately to the old ‘law of averages’ rule and dreaming of ‘Alamo-like’ rearguard heroics. I’d gladly settle now for a lacklustre draw.

You’re kidding yourself if you think the players feel as comfortable with Bravo in goal as they do with Ederson. Not really up for debate that Ederson is the better goalkeeper and his absence will have an effect, but each to their own! Don’t think I’m the only one who’s worried about Bravo in goal (and I hope he makes me eat my words)

I never said Bravo is/was better than Eddie and I would pick Eddie every time , but I keep hearing this line that Bravo makes the defence nervous and brings down their performance and, I believe that is just fan perception not unless you or some other poster can share the inside knowledge that proves otherwise.

there's no 'decidedly' about it. He had to make an instant decision and did what Eddy would probably have done. He didn't get the man - VAR was wrong.

So he didnt get the man. What happens if the guy didnt dive?

Bravo is on the floor 40 yards from goal with a striker clean through.

And you think that's not a fuck up! Unbelievable.

Dive/no dive, contact/no contact he has fucked up.

People seem more bothered about who we have missing rather than who we available.

We have the best player in the premier league at present and probably top 5 player in the world with Raheem.

We have a arguably the best striker in the world with Aguero and also the best attacking midfielder in the world with KDP. On top of those we have an array of very good at top quality players to compliment them.

This Liverpool team is unbeaten in a long time. The only reason it is unbeaten though is because its not played us for a long time. Ignore all the blancmange coming from the media and pundits, we are a better team than them and we play better football. The team we put out on Sunday will be good enough to beat Liverpool.
In last 10 matches between Liverpool and City, we won 6 drew 2 and lost 2.
The stats disagree with you there my friend

Think the loss of Laporte, Rodri, Silva and Sane are a bigger problem for us.

Even with Ederson in goal we'd be up against it without these key players.

In last 10 matches between Liverpool and City, we won 6 drew 2 and lost 2.
The stats disagree with you there my friend
I think you’ll find that @Nightmare Walking referenced Liverpool’s unbeaten run in the league, not our last ten meetings.

What is Liverpool’s record over our last three meetings in all comps?

I think what Bravo did was give the player a chance to find the contact. He was already on the way down and reached for the contact with his trailing leg.

That said though, that line of reasoning is for a referee's real-time decision, without the benefit of seeing a replay. He did look on the monitor, so he doesn't have that excuse. A good ref would have interpreted the attackers intentions easily and he failed to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.