Liverpool (A) - Pre Match Thread

Prediction - Liverpool (A)

• Win

• Lose

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We will create our own chances and score a goal or two, for me that's a given. The question is what will happen at the other end. Ferna and Gundog simply must keep the pressure off our back 4 as much as possible, and if we can do that, then we'll win.
Pep works on the basis that if his teams keep the ball, the opposition can't do any damage. Easier said than done, as this Liverpool team attacks in spells and we will require near perfection to retain the ball as long as usual.

I've been feeling more confident of Fern in midfield since I saw Otamendi played the community shield next to Stoens and seeing we were giving Rodri a chance to prove his fitness tomorrow morning.
Dinho hadn't even returned from his holidays in time for the Community Shield though - I think he arrived back in England on the day of the match, so it's not as if Pep chose to play Nico instead of him in the CS. Don't think we can really use that match as a point of reference or whatever.

Depresses the fuck out of me but I can only see a heavy defeat for us later on. Too many vested interests and livelihoods at stake for me to believe the game will be fair. Defeat and / or humiliation plays out nicely with the global brand image. If I was a gambling man, my life savings would be going on a minimum of two red cards for City.

We are not expected to win there and with Injuries and their luck we have nothing to lose,so maybe we may actually get a result there.
We should not make individual mistake and we will see

Sterling performances for us against Liverpool have been poor and that's been very kind. Time for him to show the kop what they are missing, match winning performance today please Raheem.

Peps team

_____________Bravo______________

Walker__Stones__Otemendi__ Mendy

___________Fernandinho__________

________B Silva__Gundogan_______

Mahrez_______Aguero______Sterling

My team

_____________Bravo______________

Walker__Stones__Otemendi__ Mendy

___________Fernandinho__________

Mahrez___B Silva___Foden___Sterling

______________Aguero____________

Our biggest crime was the missed chances at home, I'm not sure we had them "hanging on at anfield", they won 3-0, yes we were playing well at the end, but we failed the biggest test in football, scoring a goal, had we got one, who knows ? We didn't.
We miss easy chances every game. Hard to get a win from playing against liverpool when they had officials on their side over two legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.