Liverpool (a) post-match thread

Predicted 3-1 to them, so no surprise at the result. I actually thought we acquitted ourselves fairly well. We were much more composed on the ball than we often are against them, worked it through the lines pretty well, created some decent chances. Guilty of some amateurish defending for a spell in the first half, but they didn't have that many chances over the 90 minutes. Thought Stones and Fernandinho were largely good. Angelino was horrible defensively but, again, no great surprise.

The (non-)penalty decision was far and away the biggest moment in the match though. Changes the entire complexion of the game. Yes, we were guilty of poor defending subsequently, but had we gone 1-0 up instead of down at that point, the rest of the game would have played out very differently. That Oliver missed the handball in real time is just about excusable; that it was overlooked on review is indefensible. By the standards set this season, it wasn't remotely debatable.

As for the second goal, has any explanation been given to why the check on a decision that was obviously as tight as fuck either way was completed in about 5 seconds, whereas in every other similar instance this season its taken 2 or 3 minutes?

A great post and I agree with you. Indefensible not to overturn that on var review, clear handball.

When we win we win as a team and when we lose we lose as a team yes certain players were not at the races today more to the point VAR I am sure will help us in a game where we are three goals up

Still think we’ll do it. 26 games to go!!!

Same, but only if Pep makes some drastic changes.

There are players in this team who are fit and have no excuse to not be in form, and they need to get a rocket up their arses and get dropped if they don't respond.

We might literally need to win 26 games in a row to win the title now, and some of those players don't look up for it IMO.

Nah. The reason we lost was because we didn't take any of the seven decent chances I can think of off the top of my head ! There may have been more. Plus the abysmal defending for all three of their goals and if course VAR or LAR ! Gundo did his job and played well but some if our so called fans just can't see it !
Are you sure your a blue ? I’ve just been accused because I was negative

that’s impressive considering this is the internet. Grow the fck up and get a life.

im just as upset as everybody else.
tenor.gif

Supports The Reds in Kop End. !!!!

we better hope our turnover is monumentally impressive this year as if we wnt to continue being a successful side next season we nned to buy , as a minimum:

- 2x top quality CBs (as Pep shows no sign of blooding any of the younger players and they need quality to learn from anyhow)
- 2x world class forwards to eventually replace Sergio and provide cover.
- 1x quality LB

There's 350-400m in fees right there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.